Hi Guys
I am new on the site and find it very interesting. I would like to know where can I purchase SABS approved life jackets (orange) in the JHB area?
I recently purchased a pre-owned 160 Scimitar with a 115 Yamaha autolube and took it to the water once thus far and whilst in the water busy plaining an alarm came on and the motor cut out and it did not want to start. Apparently it is a safety precautuion explained by a boat mechanic at the dam. The mechanic informed me that it was a defective impeller and he changed it for me.
The next morning I launched the boat again and was fine for a short while and then the alarm activated again but the motor did not cut out and I returned back at slow speed. What could be the problem please assist. Another problem I have encountered is that the boat takes some time to plain, it emerges in the air for some time before it starts to plain what am I doing wrong?
Thanks guys
I am new on the site and find it very interesting. I would like to know where can I purchase SABS approved life jackets (orange) in the JHB area?
I recently purchased a pre-owned 160 Scimitar with a 115 Yamaha autolube and took it to the water once thus far and whilst in the water busy plaining an alarm came on and the motor cut out and it did not want to start. Apparently it is a safety precautuion explained by a boat mechanic at the dam. The mechanic informed me that it was a defective impeller and he changed it for me.
The next morning I launched the boat again and was fine for a short while and then the alarm activated again but the motor did not cut out and I returned back at slow speed. What could be the problem please assist. Another problem I have encountered is that the boat takes some time to plain, it emerges in the air for some time before it starts to plain what am I doing wrong?
Thanks guys