Battery Motors

HennieS

Senior Member
Guy's
I am not a Ski fisherman but a friend of mine asked that I post this question, has anybody had a look at this:

http://www.torqeedo.com/us/electric-outboards/ultralight-403-with-integrated-battery-for-kayaks-and-canoes

If so what is your opinion and also do you know of somebody that bring them into SA and at what price? My friend fish a lot in the WC area of St Helena!
Thanks
 

marbe

New member
Looks very interesting but the price 20K! Crazy

http://torqeedo.talkspot.com/aspx/m/412710

 Whisper Boats is the agent
 

kobrob

New member
If the price is 20 k as you mentioned, that is rediculous!
However, I believe it may be possible to cut down the shaft of one of the bass boat electric motors that is on the market. They all seem to have very long shafts by virtue of their design. Has anyone adapted one for their ski? It certainly could come in handy on those long paddle days when the wind picks up and is against you on the long paddle back, and the shoulders are sore!:kaykak
 

HennieS

Senior Member
The price tag of R20k I agree is heavy, being a bass fisherman with an american bass boat I am VERY aware of what these motors cost. One thing I find very interesting is the lightweight battery and the battery life they claim that seems to be VERY good!
Thanks for the responses I gathered that this concept is not widely used yet!
 
Top