Barra MOZI

Monster

Senior Member
Hi Guys

I hav tried to post this three times already with very little success. I am going to Barra in Mozi in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if any one can give me som more info and Tips

 
 

kleinboet

New member
Hi Monster - I was there a while back and the best place to fish is the lighthouse point.there is a lot of reef structure and a shipwreck a little way out. my wife and I were fishing mostly dropshot and we caught quite a few kingies in the +- 1 kg class.

You can drive to the lighthouse , 4x4 only , park your vehicle under the trees on the beach and start fishing.I found outgoing and low tide the best as you can wade onto the reef and fish the deeper pools and channels. I got smashed by a big GT too.

I fished mainly with 3" minnows in pearl blue , pearl watermelon and charteuse on 3/8 oz - 1/4 oz berkley jig heads. Rods were sensation 8ft passion sticks , Daiwa procast 3500x reels and 12 lb double x hi-abrasion with flouro leader.

We fished the whole beach north and south of Barra lodge ,it is truly a magnificent stretch of coastline. my wife was smashed by what we think was a barracuda in front of the lodge.....so there are fish all over.

We did charter a boat from Barra , a 16ft Sodwana cat with 2x 50 hp suzuki fours , and managed to boat 2 couta.It was a very short trip of 4 hrs - but we only fished for about 2.5 hrs and at R1200.00 for the outing was a bit pricy for me.

hope you have a good trip , the road out from Xai Xai has been "repaired" last November but is still dodgy at places.

kb.
 

Monster

Senior Member
Good Morning Kleinboet

Was there last year but I didn't catch anything. Thank you very much for the advice I will definatly try it. It seems that blue is the colour of coise. But I will definatly take a few others along. It is good to know that there are still fish. I went snorkling off the beach and there wasn't much of anything . Not even bait fish!

I am sure that this year will be much better. Thank you.  

 
 

kleinboet

New member
Coditions allowing and preferably at low tide go snorkelling around the ship wreck at the lighthouse point.The beach is pretty dead , i know.
 

Kona

New member
kleinboet
"You can drive to the lighthouse , 4x4 only , park your vehicle under the trees on the beach and start fishing"
What is the laws around 4x4 on the beach in Moz im sure you cant drive on the beach unless doing a launch or recovery.
 
Top