Aston Lake

tagnrelease

New member
Hi Guys,

i am going to Aston lake this week end, please give me some tips on where to sit and what to use - I have a score to settle with my cousin:fbash

he has been way to lucky of late, so i need some advantage over him:wfish

 

Many thanks!
 

wmpruis

New member
Hi Aston Lake is a difficult dam to fish, PI has alot of information regarding this dam, do a search on Aston Lake and look at some of his posts, his tips really do work.
 

Waldok

Senior Member
In the new bank angler there are some tips for Aston Lake. What I can recall was:

Distance - 80m - 90m
I think boldip was Cinnamon/caramel. The oke mentioned more, but I can't think of it now. But this should give you a starting point.
 

tagnrelease

New member
Morning PI,

 

it went quite well, thank you. I only got to the dam around 11:00 on Saturday, luckily my cousin and his other mates went early as the place was packed. I caught 8 carp, all around the 2kg mark, all but one was caught using aniseed mielies with TAC on the bomb and Caramel mielies for the other one, also with TAC on the bomb.

I quite liked the dam and think that some monsters could lurk in those waters, pitty it get so full on weekends. the trip was almost spoilt as the one guy sitting next to us(full of jetfuel) complained about the guys casting over his line...and might I add his line was not hooked once...needles to say, words were exchange and tempers flared as there also was jetfuel present on our side...luckily it settled down, the guys compared tattoo stories and we could get back to the fishing....good thing my son took an afternoon nap whilst this was going on..he is only 4 and I really don't want to expose him to stuff like that.

back to the fishing though, the biggest fish that came out amongst us was a 4.5kg carp and a 6kg barbel.

alls well that ends well...
 
Top