Angola Trip

Muffin Man

Senior Member
I am keen to do a trip to Angola next year. My prefered way of fishing is, casting spinners/spoons and plugs, wether it be from a boat or casting from the shore/river banks.

Which place do you guys recomend out of the following options.

* Flamingo

*Kwanza

*Rio Longa

*Kunene River

As far as species go I do not really care as long as they can be caught casting lures. I am planning to go in August/September next year. Thanks Paul (MM)
 

fedu

Sealiner
I Checked the Longa price the other day and if what they publish on the internet it-s true then they are crazy and I wont stay there.

Although colder water species it seems the Flamingo is the place for you and they can probably organize a trip to the kunene from there.

P.S. - PM tremosso he has been at the Kwanza and Longa and will give you a good first hand inside on both.
 

Muffin Man

Senior Member
Thanks guys. I would have loved to go with the Sealine guys but have work commitments. What the chaps are going to learn from Spyker will be priceless. There will hopefully be more of these trips in the near future.

I have been doing research on Gabon and think thats where I will be heading next year. Cheers Paul
 

kraken

Senior Member
Paul, I've got a really great idea for space cakes. If I can create a viable market and turn it into a massively profitable venture amongst ravers and juicy little hippy chicks, then I'd dig to join you on this expedition.

Mind you, if I were to sell all my bloody shark tackle, I'd probably be able to pay for us both...........LOL

Seriously though, Angola and Gabon are at the very top of my list of desirable fishing destinations! 
 

Muffin Man

Senior Member
Gabon has also been one of my dream destinations ever since I read an article by Craig (Tommo) when he and Colin fished at Iguela. To catch a Tarpon from the beach surfcasting plugs is something I would love to achieve. They have set up a beach camp 1 minutes walk from the mouth.

I have made contact with Edward Truter who lived and worked there and has offered to be of assistance. Thanks to him and Craig there are a couple of us who are keen to go including Arno. Just hope he isn't going to want to slide for sharks.

Taking the kids out this afternoon to Robin. Cheers Paul
 
Muffin Man wrote:
I am keen to do a trip to Angola next year. My prefered way of fishing is, casting spinners/spoons and plugs, wether it be from a boat or casting from the shore/river banks.

Which place do you guys recomend out of the following options.

* Flamingo

*Kwanza

*Rio Longa

*Kunene River

As far as species go I do not really care as long as they can be caught casting lures. I am planning to go in August/September next year. Thanks Paul (MM)
I have had the fortune to fish all these destinations
If I understand you correctly I would say go for the Flamingo trip.
Rio Longa is limited fishing from the shore
Kwanza is great for Tarpon ,but it does not favor the fishing on artificial s from the shore that much
Kunenne river You are too late ,it has closed from last month for all fishing SORRY
 

Simen

Sealiner
Muffin Man wrote:
I am keen to do a trip to Angola next year. My prefered way of fishing is, casting spinners/spoons and plugs, wether it be from a boat or casting from the shore/river banks.

Which place do you guys recomend out of the following options.

* Flamingo

*Kwanza

*Rio Longa

*Kunene River

As far as species go I do not really care as long as they can be caught casting lures. I am planning to go in August/September next year. Thanks Paul (MM)
Dont know our dates yet but we will definitely be going next year again with another Sealine trip.
 

fedu

Sealiner
Spyker Kruger wrote:
I have had the fortune to fish all these destinations
If I understand you correctly I would say go for the Flamingo trip.
Rio Longa is limited fishing from the shore
Kwanza is great for Tarpon ,but it does not favor the fishing on artificial s from the shore that much
Kunenne river You are too late ,it has closed from last month for all fishing SORRY

Hi Spyker,

Could you please explain what has happened with Kunene river fishing?

P.S. - By the way, great post that with the plugs and lures for Angola
http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic.php?id=38010&forum_id=1&page=11
 
fedu wrote:
Spyker Kruger wrote:
I have had the fortune to fish all these destinations
If I understand you correctly I would say go for the Flamingo trip.
Rio Longa is limited fishing from the shore
Kwanza is great for Tarpon ,but it does not favor the fishing on artificial s from the shore that much
Kunenne river You are too late ,it has closed from last month for all fishing SORRY

Hi Spyker,

Could you please explain what has happened with Kunene river fishing?

P.S. - By the way, great post that with the plugs and lures for Angola
http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic.php?id=38010&forum_id=1&page=11
FEDU
They started negotiating a couple of months ago all the countries involved with cross border parks
As Cunenne is part of IONA park and joins the Skeleton coast park ,this makes it part of the cross border parks arrangement and there for had to be protected .
This means you can fish from tombua to where the dunes start .
You are allowed to go to the Cunenne but just for foto's etc NO FISHING.
hope this helps
 
fedu wrote:
Thanks Spyker,

Hope it doesn't affect Baia dos Tigres...
Fedu Basically that stretch from the dunes through Tigres all the way to Cunenne is closed for fishing
You know I all ways told friends and clients to do Angola and the cunenne as I saw this coming long ago.
All i can say is thanks that i had the opportunity to fish this stretch 5 years long.
 

 
 

fedu

Sealiner
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  $#%&/#!!!!

Baia dos tigres is in my fishing bucket list!!!!!


I'll talk with Iona park managment next time I see them....

I had a plan to go there from sea side on a Tombwa fishing boat....

I phoning my father in Namibe he won't like it also.
 

fedu

Sealiner
Just talked with the environment minister , she say she has not received any note on this closing yet!
 
Top