Advice on new rods

Ridz

New member
Hi all

I'm new on sealine!

I need some advice on buying the right rods for specimen carp fishing

Got a choice between the following

Chub outkast plus 3.5lb
Sonik sk4 3.5lb
Shimano beastmaster 3.5lb

Advice will be appreciated

Thanks !!!
 

quinton.gindra

New member
depends on how much u want to spend or can afford. For me I would go with the Chubbs but if you looking for cheaper option I would go wit the beastmasters. The Soniks are also Good. I have the chubbs and the Soniks both good but they cost a bit more than beastmasters.
 

D5

Senior Member
Hi Ridz

I Have SK4 12" and Beastmaster 13".

SK 4 (the one with extra large eyes) casts a mile and it feels great too . Absolute winner for me.
I bought them from Tackle Tart  few months ago.

Beastmaster  is a beauty of a rod  but now I prefer Sonik Rods more as I can cast easy 100 m Plus with it ( Daiwa Basia loaded with 0.33mm line ). With Beastmaster I don't get that far despite that Beastmaster is longer.
It has to do with size of eyes - i assume. 

I cannot comment on Chubbs as I don't have them.

I would  also like to suggest  Shimano Ultegra 10000 Ci4 reels,  if the distance is very important for you.
Also,  if you need extra few meters get Kevin van dam Line and lure conditioner - spray on the spool every 5 - 6th cast -  while retrieving - it makes a difference.
 

Ridz

New member
Hi D5

Thanks for the advice

I'm planning to use shimano lcs

What did you pay for the sonik if I may ask
 

Ridz

New member
Hey Quinton

From the prices I got there wasn't such a big difference in price so I doubt that will be a problem
 

Enigma

Moderator
All 3 are good rods and I believe the new top of the range Docks F3 fitted with Fuji K series anti tangle guides will also fit into the mix when they are available.

Had a cast with them when out field testing, I'm impressed. I also just refitted the new Tribal Supressa's with K series and that is another well made rod for the specimen angler
 

D5

Senior Member
SK 4 -  R 1480.00 but that was before Rand depreciated - beginning of the year. Also  I got some discount as I ordered few things from him.

A week ago I ordered one SK4- 16 foot - 4 - 6 oz for grinder reel , just to test it  - that one was R 3150.00
Fishing on Vaal Dam - distance is very important for me.
 
Top