Advice On Barra Inhambane Mozambique

Stu75

New member
Hi All,

I'm off to Barra Lodge with the missus in early November and I am looking for some advice on where to enjoy some light dropshotting in the area. Is the area at the lagoon mouth any good , is it worthwhile walking down to the lighthouse? and is there any sport to be had in the lagoon / mangroves?

Any comments on that dropshot configurations / lures that work well in the area will be appreciated.

Thx

 
 

xtc

Senior Member
Hi Stu75

Been to Barra Lodge but mainly for diving - Do recall someone at the dive shop mentioning fishing though - maybe send them a mail, barradive@barraresorts.com, and im sure they would be able to give you some info - i know they dive in the lagoon at Flamingo so they should at least be able to tell you what fish are around - I also read an article on the lagoon and fish species and if I can find it I will let you know

Did go on one of Barra fishing charters though - but think we got a skipper on a lazy day - he had me skippering the boat most of the time while he was "watching" the lures - haha think we were no where near where we were supposed to be - doing some drop etc off one of the charter boats could be a bunch of fun though

You driving or flying?
 

Stu75

New member
Hi , am flying in so fairly limited in terms of transport and boats etc. Will go on a charter or two (hope I don't get the same skipper as you)but the plan is to try for small kingies etc with the light rods. Would love to take some heavier kit to swim some baits but trying to keep it light and just have some fun. Thanks for the tip I'll email them.
 

xtc

Senior Member
The charters will have all the heavier stuff you need i'm sure - yeah hope you dont get him either - not only did he do nothing he also cut the trip an hour short - but definitely take the lighter stuff along - the charters will definitely be able to put you on the reefs - plenty of fish there - am sure they will be able to advise on what lures etc to take along

Paindane is near Barra and there the fishing I hear is awesome - sure some of the tv shows have profiled this area so Im sure barra should be pretty good to

We flew up with LAM - supposedly direct flight from JHB to Inhambane - ended up going via maputo, then to vilankulous and then only to inhambane - did the same round trip on the way back and missed our PE connecting flight

Haha but despite all that was an awesome holiday - find out about the all inclusive packages, might be worth looking at if you gonna do some charter fishing
 
Top