So finally the rain let up a bit and I got a chance to go let some steam off. Was scratching around and go only small rockcod (real vermin these little critters). After a while when the sun was real low and the tide rising nicely I decided to try one of my Abu Garcia Hi-Lo lures.
3rd cast and a barracuda launches clear of the water with the lure in the mouth but drops it as it hits the water. Couple of casts later and I'm vas with what I presume either a barracuda or a small cubera snapper. We both fight like crazy for about a minute and a half before the lure and all gets dropped - guess the hook wasnt set 100%. Got real dark real quick so decided to head home.
But this lure is amazing. Got 2 of them in Slovakia 2 months ago and must admit that I was a bit suspect of them as they not the best looking lures. But they are supposed to be pike killers there. They got a viscious 'walk the dog side to side' action but below the surface while you just casually reel it back in and they cast a mile. Gonna try trolling one of them over the weekend and see what they like.
3rd cast and a barracuda launches clear of the water with the lure in the mouth but drops it as it hits the water. Couple of casts later and I'm vas with what I presume either a barracuda or a small cubera snapper. We both fight like crazy for about a minute and a half before the lure and all gets dropped - guess the hook wasnt set 100%. Got real dark real quick so decided to head home.
But this lure is amazing. Got 2 of them in Slovakia 2 months ago and must admit that I was a bit suspect of them as they not the best looking lures. But they are supposed to be pike killers there. They got a viscious 'walk the dog side to side' action but below the surface while you just casually reel it back in and they cast a mile. Gonna try trolling one of them over the weekend and see what they like.