A forum for small inflatables lets have a count.

Mike Pike

Sealiner
Count me in too , 3.6 semi-rigid infanta , 15 hp tohatsu , trailered...nice part of this is its easily manageable for 1 person.. and no C of C required , no C of F as well , minimum saftey equipment required as per S.A.M.S.A , only used on inland waters and estuaries, xtras fitted to boat , centre storage box for fuel tank and other saftey equipment , and Stingray hydrofoils on motor to get on the plane quicker/minimise porpoising / bow-rise in choppy conditions and when out alone .
 

Dian

New member
Hi guys

Count me in.

 3.6m Buccaneer(2007). (Not the one in the avatar! That was the yellow submarine!

4hp Johnson (1964?), 8hp Yamaha (± '90) , 15hp Suzuki (± '85), current project -

4?hp Ailsa Craig motor (±'70) :kaykak Yes, they are all in perfect running order - except Ailsa Craig - in pieces now whilst I'm getting it back to original state. This is a hobby of mine.

Dian
 

Shearwater

New member
You can definitely count me in!

What about making it just about inflatables? The majority of inflatables are Cat E or D and don't venture far out. Then it can be regardless of size or engine power. Like I said in the other forum, my 4m semi-rigid with 15hp doesn't fit in anywhere - too big for the kayaking forum and too small for the offshore one.
 

shagnrelease

Sealiner
hey guys, at running the risk of getting shot down why the need for a seperate forum? surely the boating forum on sealine should cover all aspects of powered boats, including the inflatables, tinny's, dinghys and offshore craft? A boater generally has a passion for all aspects of boating and PWC'S and I am sure we can all learn from all the various facets on the boating forum?

Do you not think that you may dilute the boating forum into having 2 seperate forums with not a lot of activity on either?

just my bit.
 

Shearwater

New member
shagnrelease wrote:
hey guys, at running the risk of getting shot down why the need for a seperate forum? surely the boating forum on sealine should cover all aspects of powered boats, including the inflatables, tinny's, dinghys and offshore craft? A boater generally has a passion for all aspects of boating and PWC'S and I am sure we can all learn from all the various facets on the boating forum?

Do you not think that you may dilute the boating forum into having 2 seperate forums with not a lot of activity on either?

just my bit.

I hear what you say but don't think it will dilute the other forums. Look at the freshwater section. There are forums on individual fish species, LTB, etc. I just wonder if instead of a forum on inflatables (which I think is warrented) there was one exclusively for inshore fishing. The boats would normally be of the smaller types as is. The focus could be estuary, harbour and say fishing within a mile or so of the coast.

I still think though that inflatables represent a huge percentage of the boats owned by Sealiners.
 

porah

New member
there already is a inshore boating forum under LTB [Light tackle boat discusson]
and I believe a seperate forum for small inflatables is the way to go.
 

Shearwater

New member
porah wrote:
there already is a inshore boating forum under LTB [Light tackle boat discusson]
and I believe a seperate forum for small inflatables is the way to go.

The LTB forum is freshwater fishing and the Offshore forum is just that - offshore. Look, I think a forum for inflables is a good idea. There are so many facets regarding inflatables not really applicable to your normal skiboat, e.g. repairing, maintenance, engines, etc. The only thing is that the fishing style is basically the same as per fishing off any boat really. And if there is a forum for the jetskis there can be one for the inflatables as well.
 

Mike Pike

Sealiner
Shearwater wrote:
porah wrote:
there already is a inshore boating forum under LTB [Light tackle boat discusson]
and I believe a seperate forum for small inflatables is the way to go.

The LTB forum is freshwater fishing and the Offshore forum is just that - offshore. Look, I think a forum for inflables is a good idea. There are so many facets regarding inflatables not really applicable to your normal skiboat, e.g. repairing, maintenance, engines, etc. The only thing is that the fishing style is basically the same as per fishing off any boat really. And if there is a forum for the jetskis there can be one for the inflatables as well.
Agreed, for instance we fall into a a grey area between LTB and Offshore and i want to start doing some fishing/boating on dams in the Gauteng area , who do you hook up with ? , its not a bassboat but can be used as one ..its also not a float tube or a very small inflatable with a trolling motor , see what i mean .. ?? 
 

porah

New member
The small inflatable is a very versatile craft with its own peculiar traits,and therefore like Jetskis and paddle ski's ,in my humble opinion it deserves its own forum.A lot of fellows I know live up country and use them for fresh and saltwater. For reasons that(1) its easy to transport or trailer.(2)its low operating cost.(3)its easy to change motors, if you have more than one,smaller for inland, larger for sea and surf.
On the otherhand you cannot mount all the toys on a small duck that you could on a larger boat, you carry less crew, sometimes you are on your own. It is a category of it's own
 

Chop

New member
So, I have a 4,2m inflatable with a 50 which is easily carried by 4 people.  Its also cat D.  I would love to participate though 
 

cptfly

Senior Member
2.6m tender with 2hp Yammie or Minn Kota trolling motor. I use it for stillwater and estuaries.
 

porah

New member
Guys I think we are going to need a lot more sign up's but I think we can do it.
Then it will be up to admin to thrash out the details.
 
Top