7 foot dropshot rod and reel

CJ fishing

New member
Hi Fellow Anglers

I am in the market to purchase a new dropshot rod and reel. I want to purchase a 7 foot rod and reel. Do you guys have any recommendation and brands?

What is the perfect set up?

Regards

CJ
 

neilg

Sealiner
I have a something like R 250 Elbe 7ft rod that I have been using for dropshot and spinning for a very very long time, works great.

Reel, depends how much you willing to spend

Exceller Plus 3000 (I have it) is a great size reel for a 7ft rod, I have punished mine for a long time and it's still going very very strog.

Stradic, Sustain and Stella in the 3000 size range would also be great, but expensive

PUT PROPER BRAID ON, Fireline or Powerpro. It's gonna cost you,but IT'S IMPORTANT.

Exceller Plus has 2 spools, maybe load one with 6lb and the other with 12lb, for different fish and conditions, that's up to you
 

AndriesH

Sealiner
Hi Neil

As a matter of interest, how would you motivate a different rod length for dropshot?
6' vs 7' vs 8 ' etc.
 
Top