Recent content by Malgas

  1. M

    PE YT!

    A few weeks back we had some good Yellowtail action with Fredster a good fish of over 14kg and myself a 8kg and a 12kg - with an 8.8kg Geelbek thrown into the mix - great fishing.
  2. M

    Algoa Bay finally produces a decent Yellowtail !

    Well after years of fishing Algoa Bay, and wondering whether a good size Yellow Tail would swim thru, it finally happened! Two weekends ago fishing for Mackies to target YT at the Ndoordhoek comp, I saw fish smashing the surface and sending Mackies flying in all directions! Thinking that at best...
  3. M

    Fishingski101 website- off-shore paddleski fishing resource!

    Hi guys, as a response to many frequently asked questions on this forum, in an attempt to capture some of our experience for those entering the sport, and distilling some of the great feedback from you guys on this site, I have put together a "fishingski101" web page. Feel free to use any of the...
  4. M

    Stealth BFS for sale

    Stealth BFS for sale, the ski is in good condition, has a tackle tray, 4 rod holders, hatch for fitting a fish finder. Great ski for those that want stability and a bit of speed and wave-riding ability. The ski has been tried and tested, and comes into it's own in difficult paddling conditions...
  5. M

    Fishfinder setting up and storage

    Most fishfinder set-up's will work and last till just after the guarentee expires under normal use. Here are a few pics of my fishfinder (FF) set up that you may find helpful. A relatively cheap way of extending the life of your FF by keeping the terminals and plugs as dry as posssible- even in...
  6. M

    Somali Pirates hit South African waters

    The Herald reports that: Somali pirates have extended thier reach through long range , high speed craft as far as Port Eliabeth. Thier latest hostage victims were paddleski fishermen off Sardinia Bay, Port Elizabeth. The pirates demanded a ransom initially from the MEC for Coastal Affairs and...
  7. M

    Eastern Cape feedback for last 2 months to Go Fish mag

    Hi guys, I have been asked to submit something to Go Fish mag as feedback from the EC - for catches over the last two months- April/May 2010. I have picked up quite a bit on the PE side but it's not exhaustive and nothing from EL and J Bay etc- I need to submit something by end of work...
  8. M

    Move to ban all fishing from a non- motorised craft by Dept of Transport-

    The Department of Transport has issued Merchant Shipping (National Small Vessel Safety) regulation No R 707 Gazetted 1 st April 2010 which states that "All fishing form non motorised waterc craft will hence forth be banned and limited to inland waters, rivers and estuaries." Apparenty as a...
  9. M

    Hi guys , I posted this on the PE whats happening

    Hi guys , I posted this on the PE whats happening thread and it's probably better if it is kept as a separate topic.  "I notice there are many things said about the future of Sards. If you want to see what is being proposed ito the Environmental Basic Assessment there is one in draft form on the...
  10. M

    Castleburn , Berg. Anyone fished it recently

    Hi, has anyone fished Castleburn in the Underberg area recently? I am going there in DEC andwould value any update of conditions etc.
  11. M

    Advice on Queen Mackerel rig?

    Can anyone help on the best rig for Queen Mackerel (Natal Snoek)- I think the Natal guys use a small skirt and then a spinner/spoon set up? I aim to try prospect a bit more for these in the Bay as guys seem to catch these in summer towards Coega and I don't see why they are not caught in the...
  12. M

    Thrift Dam where do you start?

    Hi, I am planning to go to Thrift in October. I hear it's a big piece of water. Any advice on where to start, size of rods, flies etc would be apprecaited. Otherwise I will sart at the back end of the dam with a trusty Walkers' Killer nymph and wait for the fish to rise?!
  13. M

    PE close in spots

    Just launched my BFS recently off pollock bach, would like to know close in spots in the vacinity so i can get the hang of fishing off a ski? Any advice?
Top