ROD JOINTS STUCK

Adolf

With the rod behind you place it in the bend of your knees with the joint between the knees. Now firmly grip the rod on the outside of the knees. Pull your legs apart and voila!

Enigma

Adolf. If you read from the beginning, this remedy is applied once all traditional methods have failed, including the back of the knees method

Koper

Enigma wrote:
Adolf. If you read from the beginning, this remedy is applied once all traditional methods have failed, including the back of the knees method

And belief me, it's the only one that work when all else has failed...

Adolf

My fault guy's. This happen when you skip the row. And the lesson learn't........ read al the posts.

FRITZABU

Sealiner
Here is a photo of some of the conveyor belting, I am using. 3 to 4 on each side of the stuck rod section.

If the conveyor belting is not available. Old truck tyre pieces lying next to main roads, should also work.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 409

saltydonut

Anybody want to buy a 3 piece rod with 3 tips.
please note 2 of the tips are useless as the bloody rod wont come apart!

saltydonut

Right, after 2 years I finally have my 3 piece blue marlin in 3 different sections again.

I tried hot water first.........this is a stupid idea as it melted the resin near the eyes.

Secondly I tried the block method .....no go ended up scratching the rod. This rod was toight! (Austin powers and fashure.)

Then I taped a deap sea gaff to one end and pulled.....ended up straitening the solid stainless steel hook.

By now I am stuffing up a lot of my equipment and the rod is starting to look like SH1T.(Only used once.)

Then today I asked the guys at Trophy tackle den were I bought the rod. I should have done this first and saved myself 2 yrs of pain.

Thanks guys the tip worked like a bomb and I pulled the pieces apart with my bear hands and absolutely no effort.

The solution: Ice, ice baby, just wrap in ice and leave for ten minutes.

saltydonut wrote:
Right, after 2 years I finally have my 3 piece blue marlin in 3 different sections again.

I tried hot water first.........this is a stupid idea as it melted the resin near the eyes.

Secondly I tried the block method .....no go ended up scratching the rod. This rod was toight! (Austin powers and fashure.)

Then I taped a deap sea gaff to one end and pulled.....ended up straitening the solid stainless steel hook.

By now I am stuffing up a lot of my equipment and the rod is starting to look like SH1T.(Only used once.)

Then today I asked the guys at Trophy tackle den were I bought the rod. I should have done this first and saved myself 2 yrs of pain.

Thanks guys the tip worked like a bomb and I pulled the pieces apart with my bear hands and absolutely no effort.

The solution: Ice, ice baby, just wrap in ice and leave for ten minutes.

We live and learn!

ABDB

I know this has been mentioned already but not in enough detail. Take 2 pieces of bicycle tube. Wrap a piece tightly on either side of the joint, twist, pull and open. No damage to the rod, grips like anything!