Quitting Smoking

trevour

Addiction is a terrible thing. Smoked 30 cigs a day for 20 years. Smoked weed several times a day for twenty years, used cat, cocain, and crystal meth for 10 years everyday. Clean for almost 17 months except for the vape, which is next on the list to disappear. Pure willpower was not enough in my case, I spent 6 months in a rehab, and needed divine intervention. Today I'm smiling.

Serra Moz

Sealiner
trevour wrote:
Addiction is a terrible thing. Smoked 30 cigs a day for 20 years. Smoked weed several times a day for twenty years, used cat, cocain, and crystal meth for 10 years everyday. Clean for almost 17 months except for the vape, which is next on the list to disappear. Pure willpower was not enough in my case, I spent 6 months in a rehab, and needed divine intervention. Today I'm smiling.

Respect brother...keep stomping !!!

trevour

The bottom line is that where there is a will, there is a way, sometimes the way is a hard road, and we need people to help us walk, but the road does exist, and everyone is capable of walking it.

RVL

I know this is a old post but my friend " Dirty Harry " told me about it, and it is now two weeks since my last one..,

Thanks my maat ,,,

PV9

Just had my last 🚬

I’ve stopped about 5 times in the last 5 years. Longest was 2 months, but some how started again!

I’ve been thinking about stopping for about 6 months now, and always found a reason not to.

Today is the day!

Moztoppie

Been smoke free for 1000 days end March...2018

Almost three years now and never looked back...It is a total new life ...
Made it possible to take on a surf launch with the youngsters on my Kayak and keep up.. I am 60 this year..

Thet walking on the dry sand on the beach without the wheezing is amazing

Smoked 38 years (Also started in the trenches) and stopped with the aid of Champix...worked very well for me

Malboer

So today will be day one.
After quiting for 3 years one slip up at a party was all it took and had been back on the smokes for the last two years. After starting again I went on to smoke two packs a day.
I have quit before and can and will do it again.
No luck needed just strong mind over matter.

Regards
Malboer

Serra Moz

Sealiner
Malboer wrote:
So today will be day one.
After quiting for 3 years one slip up at a party was all it took and had been back on the smokes for the last two years. After starting again I went on to smoke two packs a day.
I have quit before and can and will do it again.
No luck needed just strong mind over matter.

Regards
Malboer

Strongs bro.... Likewise I gave up for +/- 6 yrs, started after a car accident, finished a packet of Marlboro in a few hours... perhaps time to give up again. You taking any meds?

Edgy

I decided enough is enough on 14th April at my daughters 21st ....started at 16 and never really stopped more than a month or so in the past, just over 6 weeks so far and going strong. I tried Nicorette this time(especially with beer) and works the bomb!

Do yourself a favour and research reconstituted tobacco, then look at the "tobacco" in your ciggies under a decently powered microscope. Notice how it all looks like sponge cake embossed with a leaf look, veins and all, and coated with a layer of "stuff" on one surface. You probably will never buy another pack of branded smokes again. To realize that you have been conned and turned into a slave and have had d00s written on your forehead is stronger than the brainwashing that ciggies resemble a "natural" product and that you should buy them to deliver your nicotine.

The layer of cr@p is all the flavourants, ammonia/freebase nicotine and burn-property additives (of which there can be hundreds) sprayed onto the reconstituted tobacco (most of the stuff in branded ciggies aside from the stick which is real) after going through the embossing rollers. Do yourself a favour also and strip a ciggie of its "tobacco" and light/burn the paper inside and smell the chemical cocktail that vapourises off that, salt peter, sulphur, phosphates, gunpowder basically, etc.. and take note of how thick the paper is and of how low the quality is. The lingering stench from burning the ciggie paper is one and the same as the lingering smell from smoking a ciggie. Nasty.

I am an admitted nicotine addict, but choose to have some say in the quality of product used. I smoke small hand rolled numbers, they are so non kingsize haha, rolled in the finest organic paper with no additives, using the finest organic tobacco with no additives I can procure, and it makes a huge difference to my health. You'll find yourself smoking far less (my new equilibrium was/is about 1/5 the amount) once your body takes about a month to switch to the nicotine carbonate as opposed to the freebase it is used to. Funnily that is the exact reason as to why nicorettes or vaping does not satisfy a ciggie smoker until they have tried it for a while, the body is used to the hit of freebase nicotine, this is why ciggies go stale after a day or three of being opened, the ammonia evaporates away and the nicotine reacts with co2 in the air to form the less potent carbonate salt. If your body is used to the freebase it will reach for the pack 20 times a day or more as the stuff has shorter half-life in the body, if it is used to carbonate you will reach for the snuff/cigar/vape/rolly 5 times a day or less unless in social situations I find. If one is smoking much less poisoning papers and clean unprocessed tobacco along with far less amounts of it, or vaping it makes a significant difference to the negative effects on your health IMO. It does not suit the bottom line of the tobacco giants though who make most of the ciggie tobacco out of the dust and waste from processing plants in tobacco growing and cigar making countries in a manner not dissimilar to how polony is made.

If one wants to change to organic tobacco, or nicorettes or vape etc.. it is important to ignore the craving for a ciggie for at least a month and just to use the natural nicotine, once your body forgets about the freebase hit it will not crave so bad anymore, then if you want to quit the other nicotine it is a bit easier.

I'm still an addict though, quit for 3 years after reading alan carrs' easy way to quit, worked a bar for a year with no problem until I took one puff again..eish..more than a decade later still smoking..

Pylstert

Sealiner
Hi Hallibut, that is the most amazing essay justifying smoking, I used to smoke a pipe and BS*t myself with similar stories of premium tobacco bla bla LOL, if you are a medical doctor I hope you don't give this advice to your patients.....:fbash