Winter fishing along the Garden Route

Dexter

New member
Hi Guys

I'm in the unfortunate position that I can only take my leave during winter this year. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I stay in Cape Town and would like to know if there are any places from, let's say Hermanus all the way to Knysna that would be worth while looking at? Especially dropshotting and lure fishing. I would also like to try landing spotted grunters, even if I have to use real bait.

Any help and pointers would be greatly appreciated as I do not get to fish nearly as much as I would like to.

Thank you in advance.

Here's hoping ^^... LOL!

Dex
 

Mathew

New member
well I would start with the Knysna lagoon.If you are fishing from the side my best place is defnetly waterfront drive leisure isle.best fished on a low tide so you can wade out to the bank parrle to you.you will also c a pole at he very begining of the road which is quite far out and if you r inline with that pole the you r far enough out.the pole is on a long bank wich totaly exposed at low tide and walking along that hole bank casting into the chanel (which is known as the fetherbed)can produce gud fish.casting close(20metres)can produce spotted grunter,white steenbrasand sole fish up 2 3kgs.casting far into the chanel can produce garrick,cob and shad.the best lures for grunter sole and steenbras r the 6inch camo worm cut into 4inch pieces and the 2 and 4inch moleting and knew penny shrimps.lures 4 the game fish r the five inch pearl watermelon shad 4 clean water and the 5inch smelt 4 dirty water.
 

WaterHond

Senior Member
Ok, not high-jacking here, in the same line of though...

When this winter and where along the garden route would be great for the sardine run?
 

Dexter

New member
Hi Mathew

Thanks man. Your reply sure will help. I thought Knysna would probably be my best bet.

 
 
Top