Ok, so I'm not going to be the one to tell you how to prevent it as I'm looking for some answers myself.
I'm using 30lb fireline on a spheros 5000fb and also 20lb power pro on a stradic 2000 and on both setups I'm getting serious windknots at times. Sometimes they so bad, I have to cut the line (a good 5 m) while the lure is in the water and tie a new knot (most of it in allmost complete darkness). I know it happens because of my variable retrieves and they sometimes happen out of the blue.
What is the best way to prevent it from happening? Maybe every few casts retrieve your line with a constant pressure? What do you do or think?
I'm using 30lb fireline on a spheros 5000fb and also 20lb power pro on a stradic 2000 and on both setups I'm getting serious windknots at times. Sometimes they so bad, I have to cut the line (a good 5 m) while the lure is in the water and tie a new knot (most of it in allmost complete darkness). I know it happens because of my variable retrieves and they sometimes happen out of the blue.
What is the best way to prevent it from happening? Maybe every few casts retrieve your line with a constant pressure? What do you do or think?