Urgent - Spinning reel drag system assembly

Monkey

New member
Urgent

Weather in Margate is terrible, and I thought to service my Daiwa 4000C spinning reel

It seems to me that there is a problem with the drag system of my Daiwa 4000C spinning reel. When I loosen the drag it does not loosen, I need to fully loosen the black plastic knob before any drag is coming to in affect.

I need to know how it should be assembled.

There are 6 washers -  3 steel, one with little ears and 2 that is just normal round. Then there is 3 plastic/felt/leather washers where 2 seems to be plastic and 1 that seems to be felt/leather 

I would like to know how they are assembled, and do you oil them or what do you do

It seem to be that the order should be the following but I am uncertain.

First     -           Rubber/felt

Second-           round steel

Third    -           Rubber/felt

Fourth  -           Steel with ears

Fifth     -           rubber/felt

Sixth    -           round steel.

Is this correct or what, please help

 
 

Keremete

New member
Hi Monkey, this might help...sounds like you have them in the right order...if one of the 3 felt/plastics washers are different, try it at the top or bottom.
 

Attachments

  • daiwa-spinning-4000c-4000sc(81-47).pdf
    98.3 KB · Views: 29

Monkey

New member
Thanks Keremete for your reply. This is what I did and it seems to work.

First     -           felt like washer

Second-           round steel

Third    -           Rubber washer

Fourth  -           Steel with ears

Fifth     -           rubber washer

Sixth    -           round steel.


No Oil, greese and it seem to work. Will use it tomorrow.
 

Koper

Senior Member
See if you can get a bit a cals grease at one of your tackle shops and grease your drag stack with that.
 
Top