TSI reel lubricant and Cals' grease

grootvis

Sealiner
I am looking for TSI reel lubricant and Cals grease, does anyone know where I can purchase?

Also a set of ceramic bearings for a Trini 30 A.

help would be appreciated.

Its almost that time for reel servicing again!!
 

Psy

Sealiner
are you absolutely sure you want ceramics?

I have heard conflicting advise to their functionality!

Maybe the 'real' guru's can give their input here too?!
 
I know of theo at TJ's in jbay, thats pretty close to you, he can service it for you with cals grease and get any bearings direct and do carbontex etc refurb your rods, give you spot advice.. don't know about the lube..best ask..Commercial is always a good stop too and can they can order anything you need, theo will know where to get for sure. The bearing supplier is in PE, will get the details or someone local can post it if they know..?
 

grootvis

Sealiner
Psy wrote:
are you absolutely sure you want ceramics?

I have heard conflicting advise to their functionality!

Maybe the 'real' guru's can give their input here too?!
I fitted ceramics to my old saltiga surf, it worked well, a little noisy, but then again I dont think I was using the correct lubricant for faster spinning bearings.

I am open for opinions on this, the 30A will become a spinning reel for now, yeah, a bit over kill, but I have already spun with it and it was ok. Was actually hoping to go smaller, (does anyone want to swop??? or buy the 30A??

What would your thoughts be? Stick to sealed stainless?

Ceramic vs Stainless ????? Good topic to start.
 

Psy

Sealiner
The same topic on Alan Tani's site...go search there.

But ja, good idea.

Whaler will offer some pertinent info too.
 

Psy

Sealiner
Grootvis...i would say its a little big to spin with, I have also pulled the Salty Surf 30 out the kas, serviced and its packed for zeppa.
I like it, as its profile is lower.

Ja...stay with sealed stainless, there are conflicting ideas regarding ceramics and lubrication.
I may be wrong, but if it works...why change it?
 

Pylstert

Sealiner
sealed bearings are difficult to clean and they are never really sealed in any case. Open bearings with Reel X has lasted a long time for me. If salt water gets in it can get out again
 

grootvis

Sealiner
sparky2009 wrote:
as far as i know ceramic bearings can't handle shock very well, one nice overwind could destroy them
Who casts overwinds??????.......;)

Yeah, I think I will stick to sealed S/S bearings...done deal.

Psy, used the 30A to spin for tail, on a 100M exage! ha ha ha...wasnt too bad actually, a little unbalanced but can do the job, maybe ill consider getting a size 20 reel for that ,

maybe 15/30 shimano, with a speed masters gears!
 
Top