Stywe Lyne - May 2008

Gerhard

Sealiner
I bought the May 2008 issue when I was home.

I really enjoy the article by Bryan Rapson.

Who has any experiance with Thermal filament lines?

Thats 30kg King that Wesley Rapson caught with a 9" Berkley Air and 8000 Sustain is an absolute monster from shore in anybodies books. WOW

The same goes for the 22kg King caught by Rob Kyle...:clap12:clap12
 

Johan S

Senior Member
Personally, I can't wait for the Blackfin Dropshotting DVD. I'm sure they will have footage of those big kingies coming out on dropshot. Isn't that perhaps Fireline (which is not a braid like Whiplash)?
 

Johan S

Senior Member
I think the fireline gets fused with a bit of a protective coating, but don't know the details. I know Simen posted about it at some stage, but you'll have to do a search (it may have been in that huge braid thread).
 

Johan S

Senior Member
and another difference i didn't mention is that fireline apparently casts much better than braid.
 
Top