spheros 8000 vs 14000

zubz

New member
can anyone tell me if the 8000 spheros is any good for vertical jigging

is it balanced on 10 foot exage for spinning?

and can it be used for drop shot off the surf, with what size rod?

does it come with an extra spool?
 

Gerhard

Sealiner
I have a 8000 Stradic and I use it on my 10 ft Exage rod. I have 55lbs braid on it and it cast a plug and spoon a mile. But its heavy on the fingers while casting.

I have also used my Stradic for vertical jigging. I am sure your spheros will be able to do the same.
 

neilg

Sealiner
spheros is good, stradic is better

spheros doesn't come with a spare spool, balance will be a little out, but that's not the end of the world, I've used my 8000 Stradic on a 12ft spinning rod, balance also out.

I prefer smaller rods and reels for spinning, bigger reel doesn't always mean better drag, it's more a case of more capacity.

VERY GOOD REEL
 

neilg

Sealiner
spheros is good, stradic is better

spheros doesn't come with a spare spool, balance will be a little out, but that's not the end of the world, I've used my 8000 Stradic on a 12ft spinning rod, balance also out.

I prefer smaller rods and reels for spinning, bigger reel doesn't always mean better drag, it's more a case of more capacity.

VERY GOOD REEL
 
Top