Shimano Aerocast 30XH and Sustain 5000

ziggy

Member
I bought the Shimano 30XH and getting the Sustain 5000 next week to match

It cost a lot - and now I wonder if I did the right thing?

I already have:
1. a Simano 6'6" with Stradic 2500
2. Sensation Passionstick 8' with Stradic 4000

Thought that a Shimano 30XH and Sustain 5000 will get me closer to bigger fish on the backline - apparently it can cast upto 120m! I am not sure what braid to get fro each spool

Any opinions(or 2c worth) out there?
 

Gerhard

Sealiner
If you are going to cast that distance with braid make sure you have something to protect your finger when casting.

I had a glove on when casting my 10ft Exage and the braid cut right trough the neoprene on the finger because of the pressure from the casting action...

What is the rod rated for?
 

Haroldg

New member
Hi Ziggy - are you still happy with this outfit? I bought the same outfit from BM and I need to sell it. The gear is brand new and I got it at a pretty good discount from them in December.

Regards

Harold
 

Haroldg

New member
I fished twice in 2 yrs! I was completing a project in December and decided to buy this gear. All that has changed now and the project has been extended so fishing is going to take a back seat this year again so no point in hanging onto something you're not using.
 
Top