Roodeplaat dam

AYOBA!

Sealiner
to get max distance you need to use a thin mainline (7 lb) and a decent leader (17 lb)

what trace are you planning to use?
 

Weimarp

New member
I will use the thin line & get a decent leader (17 lb) to put on.

I'm planning to use a Rietvlei trace or maybe a sliding Rietvlei.

Could you maybe give me an indication on what is a good length of the leaderline I need to put on?
 

Sparky2041

New member
Weimarp wrote:
I will use the thin line & get a decent leader (17 lb) to put on.

I'm planning to use a Rietvlei trace or maybe a sliding Rietvlei.

Could you maybe give me an indication on what is a good length of the leaderline I need to put on?
I use a sliding Rietvlei and my leader line is 2 times the rod length.
 

Weimarp

New member
Thank you for the help with the line & leaders.

One thing I have wondered about is the length of the tracelines.

Could someone help me with this as well... 
 

Attachments

  • Sliding Rietvlei.bmp
    357.4 KB · Views: 67

AYOBA!

Sealiner
what I do is I use a piece of white string 50cm and a sinker with the same weight as the complete rig and cast it on the spot I plan to fish, let it drop and settle for a few minutes, retrieve and then check the coloration for the silt or mud depth
 

Sparky2041

New member
Ayoba, that is a good tip there, i have never thought of doing that. eish... there are some clever okes out there.....

Weimarp, my traces are built that the sinker line is about 2 hand widths and the hook lines are about one hand width.
 

Weimarp

New member
Hallo Sparky.

Did not go fishing yet, only going this coming weekend.

All I did this weekend was casting practice (distance & accuracy) & getting my gear ready for the big fishing trip this weekend...

Cannot wait...

Think this is going to be a LOOOOONG week...(((zom(bie))))
 

Sparky2041

New member
Hope it is going to be a good one. i am going to the Vaal for the weekend, social fishing Sat and competition on Sun. Hope the weather is going to hold out.....
 

Uncle legs

New member
Hi

Which of the two dams would you guys recommened for conventional bank angling without a bait boat, canoe etc. Also taking the wife and kids along
 

Sparky2041

New member
Hi,

I have never fished Roodekopjies so i would not be able to comment there. Roodeplaat is a nice safe venue and depending where you fish determines how far one has to cast.
 

gysbert

New member
morning Guys,

Can anyone please help me with the number for northern transvaal grounds at Roodeplaatdam?

 

thanks

 
 
Top