Replacing trebles with singles

gr

New member
I have read the views of many anglers that don't like the trebles and replace it with a single hook and I am also pro singles.

My question is this: How do you get the single to point upwards from your lure? Many lures are designed so the splitring is vertical with the result that the hook shows sideways. Surely you will miss a few - perhaps a large percentage - of your strikes.

Do I add another splitring or what is the way to go?
 

gr

New member
gr wrote:
I have read the views of many anglers that don't like the trebles and replace it with a single hook and I am also pro singles.

My question is this: How do you get the single to point upwards from your lure? Many lures are designed so the splitring is vertical with the result that the hook shows sideways. Surely you will miss a few - perhaps a large percentage - of your strikes.

Do I add another splitring or what is the way to go?

Sorry, this might be a bit confusing. What I meant is that the lure is designed in such a way that the hook shows sideways instead of up after attaching it to the splitring. Hope this makes sense.
 

Calvin Fourie

New member
I think someone from the tackle stores should make special hooks with the eye the other way these can be specially made for lures HINT HINT
 

Bux

Senior Member
If the hooks arent too big I just bend the eye open a little and attach it without a splitring.
 
Top