Raaswater

frenzy

New member
Hi People.This is my first report so please excuse me.

Started fishing on Wednesday night.I managed to land two barbel and that was it.No other fish, not even bites(tried everything).Spoke to other anglers and they experienced the same.
Fishing at the resort has really gone down,the place is not well looked after and the jetties are not maintained.The broken branches are not removed from the river,so you going to loose rigs.
Spoke to a fellow fisherman sitting on one of the jetties.He enlightened us of 5 guys watching him.He was really concerned for his saftey and packed up at 1am.
Really sad to see this place go down.You will not find me back there anytime soon.
 

Jim Cooper

New member
frenzy, :welcomesea:

and thanks for the report, pity the fish weren't playing along with you, and thanks for the feedback on Raaswater.
 

steelpulse

New member
I've experienced that fishing in the Vaal River (more specifically the section below Barrage) has been tough for a while now, two years ago it was quite different. I've been reading reports about fishing being bad even between the Vaal dam wall & Barrage as well, greenpoint prison for example - carp fishing especially. Aqua Via on the other hand is boasting nice catches. What could be the problem(s)...? Pollution alone?
 

atish.rowjee

Senior Member
Hi steelpulse,

I have had the similar problem. I have been to three spots on the Vaal River, just below the Barrage, and I struggled. Barbel were biting slowly but no luck with the carp. Also, I notice the water current was quite fast flowing which really pulled the lines even with a heavy sinker. My suspicion was also pollution but I am uncertain. Maybe someone else on the forum can give us a better answer.

Thanks.
 
Top