quirimbas islands ?

renmaster

New member
hey guys...

ive scored myself a trip to an island part of the quirimbas chain.

i'm taking an 8ft MH and a 7ft M rod, with line selection of 6, 10 and 14 lb braid.. Will be throwing plastics, spoons and poppers of which ive already bought a nice selection...

just wanted to know if u guys got any other ideas of what is important to take.

dont want to go under gunned, so any help will be much apprecaited..
 

swampmaster

New member
I would recommend taking mono leader material 15/20lb and maybe 30lb.
Some pros recommend fluro leader with plastics, just harder to get a good knot to braid, especially with the very large diameter heavy fluro. You should do ok with lighter fluro leader, just practise your knots before you go.
I have found a good backpack or flyfishing type chest pack to be great when you are walking over the coral flats. Good reef booties are essential.
Take the best long sleeve sunproof shirts you can find. Good (not necessarily expensive!) polarized sunglasses.
Good luck, hope this helps.
 

renmaster

New member
thanks bud,

just with the reef shoes, do u reccomend they cover the whole ankle... ive just got normal rock slip on shoes...

also if you are wading in a sand area is it a good idea to wear shoes or is barefoot ok...
 

swampmaster

New member
I just wore slip on "water shoes" that did not include the ankle, they must have a strong sole and toe re-inforcement. I see the flyfishing guys wear these serious looking boots. I think your shoes will be fine.
Can be irritating getting the things full of sand.
Just better to wear them if there are any rocks or coral outcrops in the sand/beach areas.
Cheers
 
Top