Popper

AD97

Senior Member
Hey guys.

Been a while since I have posted a topic. ha ha. I have recently ordered some Halco Roosta poppers and a Laser pro 120 DD from WaklersKiller.

I will be using these mainly in the Eastern Cape- Port Alfred/Kenton/Cannon Rocks area and the lower South Coast of Natal.

I would like to know what I can expect on popper besides kingfish and couta. I bought a Haymaker to cast into the deep blue and a smaller popper for dropshot and estuary use. The colour of the poppers is blue and they have like a sardine pattern on them.
 

Nepptune

Sealiner
Leeries, Springer, Rock Salmon will all hit poppers in the Natal Estuaries, as well as the odd Perch too...

Shad love a popper in the right conditions too, so they are a definte possibilty...
 

JJ Pienaar

Sealiner
AD if u come to Kzn at the right time u can target Garick and use those poper's in the famous Natal sardine run, in the run u can get any predatory fish frm deep water point's and frm the beach....

I summer i could take u to a place where u will hook in to some bus Kingy's but landing them is another story (We tend to lose alot of poper's to them)...
 

WalkersKiller

Senior Member
Yip, ive seen it first hand in Kenton... That was the first time I ever saw anyone fishing with any halco products... There were 2 guys fishing at night at a restaurant, the one guy was using a blue roosta and the other guy a red and white Halco sorcerer... The guy using the roosta pulled out 3 kob in about 15 minutes all between (Estimate) 40 and 60 cm... The other guy using the sorcere only managed a shad and a smallish Kob!

Also have spoken to a few people in the knysna area where they catch Kob on poppers too!
 

WalkersKiller

Senior Member
LOL, well since the topic was about halco i thought i would stick to it! The other poppers i referred to at knysna were the rapala open face ones!
 
Top