Plugs for yellow tail?

kopstamp

Sealiner
hi guys

Want to go and try for tail in the transkei this july and heard plugs work well for them. Just never fished this style before? any suggestions?

Thanks:fswim
 

kopstamp

Sealiner
want to use them at mbolompo point in july? read one of your post about bucktails, can one throw these say on a light action 10ft rod and multiplier?
 

Marshie

Senior Member
A medium to fast retrieve will make the plug skip on the surface!

You would need at least a 2 ounce bucktail for a 10 footer and multiplier.  Mbolompo is very rocky so take a few along. 

Pack some light tackle as well and give the blind river (no idea what the name is) just south of the point a try!
 

neilg

Sealiner
Waterhond
go to the offshore section, check through the sticky posts made by people like Miles and Hammertime, you'll learn alot about targetting yellowtail ... PROMISE.

All your questions will be answered.
 
Hey kopstamp.

I hooked into some Yellows at Transkei in Dec 2007 ,couldnt land one I got cut of on rocks.

I used white PREDATOR plugs.

I used a medium retrieve very early in the morning at day break, just breaking the water surface with the plug it worked on that day.

If you PM me I will send you the contact deatail of Doug who makes the Predator plugs
 
Top