Paddle Tails

AD97

Senior Member
Hey guys

Since I am on a tackle shopping sprre this month. he he. Trying to get cash ALMOST anyway I can ;). I am considering buying some Paddle tails for the surf and EC estuaries.

What colours sizes etc can I match with a 7ft Tactix?

Also a little off the topic I bought a PINK onda yesterday, smaller than the 35g Sardine Onda I bought a few weeks ago. This one is quite small, anyone got one? results?

While I was in the shop I saw a 35g Onda with a White/Silver body and a Red head- looks almost exactly like those ones they use for trolling. What you guys think of this one. Maybe you got one Neil? It might be the next target species for my cash. LOL
 

Muffin Man

Senior Member
Hi AD97. I have not used the paddletails before but have purchased some to try out in the Eastern Cape shortly. I spend alot of time, if I leave my cell at work they know where to find me, at a tackle shop which happens to be on my way home.

You will be surprised at how much info you get on whats been working or who has had success with what lure. I am setting myself up for a ,being caught by the salesman, chirp here. After chatting to a few blokes I purchased some Ripetide 5 inch Mullet, Space Guppy and some Storm Swim Shad.

I am going to be throwing spinners and plugs mainly in the Eastern Cape but am planning to make an effort and spend sometime fishing with the paddletails. If all things go well I will hopefully be able to post a few tips on my return. Cheers (MM)

 
 

Muffin Man

Senior Member
This is how I plan to rig the Paddletails. Found these pics on an Eastern Cape site.
 

Attachments

  • weed1 (Large).jpg
    weed1 (Large).jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 332

neilg

Sealiner
Paddle tails are very good, from slow fishing to fast to trawling

if they stream is very strong a simple twitch the whole time will give the tail enough action.
 

Muffin Man

Senior Member
AD97 I sent you a PM regarding the other site. I haven't read the rules and regulations part of Sealine yet so wouldn't like to step on anybody's toes.

 
 

neilg

Sealiner
AD97
the harder the material the faster the retrieve to get tail action, and the softer the slower

if you go very fast with a soft material paddle tail the tail will simply collapse

if you go to slow with hard there will simply be no tail action
 

frank22

Sealiner
here are some paddle tails that are greta for the surf and river mouths just slow retrieve with a odd jerk or just bouncing off the bottom
 

Attachments

  • P9110002.JPG
    P9110002.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 308
Top