oval DC`s

lourenslouw

New member

Hi i wanted to buy new rods for the last few months now and could not diside witch ones to buy so with the help of ENIGMA I just recently  purchased myself two new oval DC rods the 12.6 ". i had a couple of troughs the day i purchased them and was not getting the distance i was hoping for. had a club comp on sunday and started getting the hang of the rods. i then decided to go fishing again during the week on two occasions and boy what a plessure. not only do the rods cast a weight a mile it also plays the fish beautifully. i have them for a week now and managed to catch 22 fish on my 3 sessions with not one hooke pull.i fished from a M0 to a P5 with no problem whatsoever

I must say anybody whom is looking to buy new rods for casting should really consider the new ovals as they are also not so expensive compared to other long casting rods:ifishin happy fishing
 

Enigma

Moderator
Recently a Provincial team just before Nationals used them in test casting and distances of 141m with M0 and Bol were measures.

Marius Wikus and I fished Pro Mania at Ardenza with them and fished M0 with bait at a line clip of 128m Marius took first place and Wikus 5th

Longest cast was P7 with 170m

I for one love the 12'6" and my 10'6" (shortened the commercial grip) which I can fish M0 at 110m+ and P4 at 150m

Rods are fitted with Fuji concept low riders, no more rings cracking or falling out and genuine Fuji "Graphite" reel seat

Only needs a single tip to fish from an unweighted spring all the way through to a 120gr (P9) weight

I've also just don 6 customs of the rod for Saltwater scratching and lure fishing.

Really a tough one between my G2's and Oval DC's but nothing comes close to the 10'6" which itself is in a league of it's own - 10-150m capable rod.

Congrats on your investment Lourens
 

CARP1

Sealiner
Thank you,Gentleman.Feel very proud of yourselves,as in the next motnh or 2 you will be resposible for my 1st fight as a married man.....LOL!!!! I've been keeping my eye on the Ovals,and the look has turned into an itch...
 

Dai Deng

New member
personally i would love to see a M0 with bol fly 141m....

is there possibly a video that was taken or something i would like to see his action to cast that distance?

and the line he used

I am also looking at buying either ragingbull2 or these DC rods

 Enigma would you please give me some advice?
 

Oom G

New member
@carp1>>> been married now for 5 months now... and guess what the main source of stress is in my house...!! LoL!!!:fbash
Daddy wants the new Oval's...and mommy wants a carrycot for pienkvoet that's arriving in Sept...Guess who's on the loosing side at this stage of the fight...bw_l_)
 

Enigma

Moderator
Book Dewalt for casting lessons, he was one of 5 guys who went over 130m with a M0 with the rods. Timing if line release and POWER is the onlybway to get those distances.

Do yourself a favour and come watch the GN winter casting leagues. Last year winning distances (measuredbon center line) of the casting track with a M1 were consistantoy over 160m and therefore was 172m.

Mark got his Awa-Shima Skycaster III's yesterday and did a few casts over 200m with a full pendulum and 196m with 85gr with small bol no bait. He was using .14mm C+

By the way the casters at Heartsease were using standard 0.16-0.17mm with standard feed, no baits and 0.35mm mono leaders.
 

Dai Deng

New member
Hi enigma thanks for the feedback. that is hectic distance. I will definitly go and have a look thanks

but in you would prefer that dc above the waft? or what else?
 

Enigma

Moderator
I can't comment on the Waft's as I have only cast them and not fished with them

My favourites were always the Blue Marlin G2 13' but now the Oval DC is right up there with them.

The specific G2's are only available as customs with either K Series or Low rider Fuji's on them
 

Koper

Senior Member
I've got one of these 12,6 DC Oval customs for R&S build as a present to my laaitjie.  All that I can say is that I'm very, very sorry it was not a present to myself.

:fbash myself don't nearly describe how I feel!
 
Top