Not your average soft bait

DJP

Sealiner
Picked up a pair of these soft plastic, figured cob would love this. Put a few glass rattles in on a 3/4 to 1oz jig. Made by Kalin's and is called a Scampi Lure. 9.5". i think you could catch some big sharptooth cats on this as well.
 

DJP

Sealiner
On my lap top bag. The coin is a 5c about the same size as rhe SA one.
 

Attachments

  • Scampi lure 1.jpg
    Scampi lure 1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 435

DJP

Sealiner
On my hand. The also come in a hot orange, black with gold glitter and deep red glitter colour.
 

Attachments

  • Scampi lure 2.jpg
    Scampi lure 2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 432

DJP

Sealiner
I’m already planning on pouring my own; these are just for the mould. I have a lot of odd bass plastics that has probably started fusing themselves by now in any case. If you consider the size of a cobs mouth and the size baitfish they sometimes hunt I don’t think it’s too big.  Hunting grounds like Stilbaai, Witsand and Gourits might deliver some surprises.   
 

Hannes101

Sealiner
had a look at those moerse soft plastics yesterday and all i can say is its the biggest plastics i'ave seen in my life. The gameplan is to target spotted gully's with it some time soon...
 

Nepptune

Sealiner
Those are mainly used on Halibut and Lingcod on the west coast and Alaska... fantastic action on them....

DJP - While you are on the West Coast, see if you can pick up some Big Hammer Softbaits... they make some awesome lures!!
 

DJP

Sealiner
Still have to see if I can get an SA fish to eat such a big lure. I saw the Big Hammer swimbaits in the Basspro shops, but didn't get any, the amount of saft plastics they have is actualy mind numming, and I'm back in SA now.
 
Top