Nightmare at Roodekopjes

bigdreamer

New member
Hi all. I am writing this post with the hope that someone on this forum knows the owners and would inform them of what I am writing today.

This past weekend my husband and I went fishing at Roodekopjes, last time I heard Louwtjie was the person in charge at this venue.

We fished till about 23 pm and then went to sleep on the back of our bakkie. Being warned previously about crime at this dam, we made sure that everyting of impotance was locked away inside the bakkie. At about 12 I was woken up by a light from inside the bakkie. I thought it was my husband, but to my surprise he was asleep next to me! I started to scream and the thug ran away.

By this time my husband had woken up and we searched the area for about 2h with the hope that the thug might have dropped our keys. Luckily we found my husband keys on the grass and mine was left inside the door. We tried several times to call Louwtjie and just found a number on his voicemail to call, this number however was not available. As we were awake and just sat dumbstruck about what had just happened

And these are the things which I would like Loutjie or his manager Mike must just take notice of:

1 )We hid the keyes of both our vehicles under our pillows and it was taken from right under us in other words we were watched. Nothing from my side were taken.

2) The so called quards on duty ( who did come to say that they would keep us safe during the nigth at about 18pm) only passed by 4h later at 4:20 am?

3) When I told them what happened they immediately started searching and immediately walked in the direction where the thug ran to ...... how would they know this without me telling them?

4) Mike the manager was called out and he did speak to his gaurds but not even a are you guys ok to us.But to give him credit he did drive up and down with the gaurds.

5) At about 5 one of the gaurds returned with my , empty as can be expected, but none the less I am extremely thankfull! He also told us that they did find prints that led up to the electrified fence and that they would call out the police the next morning.

6) At dawn I needed a shower and got in the bakkie as I drove I found some of our stuff that was taken in the road. Ironic in the sense that the thief ran away east from us but this was found in an northern direction. And this being in an area that we searched after not finding anything in the direction that he ran. Commen sense then tell tell you that the thief came back to us after running away to through our things back to us??????? Nope it was planted there........

7) And the so called print that they have found and marked actually beloged to my husband as we were up and that area looking for our belongings. This we saw when it became light.

If we were given the opportunity to speak to Mike perhaps he would have a second look at whom he appoints as gaurds because after what we experienced this weekend there is no other way than seeing that it is a waste And whey are they wasting money on paying them a salary if the do not do patrols?

We wish to return one day but I sincerely hope that someone who cares would be incharge or at least availabe

As I said at the beginning of this post please if someone knows either mike or loutjie inform them of what happened to us, next time it might just be someone that you know...
 

Wess

Senior Member
First of all :welcomesea:

You posted your topic in the saltwater section and not under the carp/freshwater section. I did PM Trophy to move it for you as you will receive a quicker response.

Maybe you can also send a PM to Johann Marais or Madcarper they should be able to help you with a number.
 
Top