New Daiwa black widow rod's

JJ Pienaar

Sealiner
I'm no carp angler but i realy want to get in to it, the begining of this week new rod hit the shop's shelfs and i was hesitant to buy as i didnt knw what to look for in a carp rod as i'm use to rock and surf stiff rods ect. . . .

As carp anglers came in to the shop to check out our new range in carp stuff, i started asking general questions, like trace's, reel's and rod's etc. .
Most of them felt the black widow and said it to be a awsome stick for its price so i put my money where my passion for all types of fishing is and baught two with a whole bunch of bit's and babs. . . .
I'm keen to test the rods out so i'm planning a trip to Midmar soon and i'l most likely give a short report. . . . Please take note i have caught a coupe of carp but still a novice so i'l be asking a lot of questions in the next couple of posts. .

Cheer's
JJ
 

PI

Senior Member
Give it a go, we will help where ever we can.

I have Black Widows, but it's imported. I will check if it the same and let you know.
 

JJ Pienaar

Sealiner
Hey sorry for the lait reply ya we stock them, we have 3 difrent weights in the rod's. . They retail for R379 each the one's that i baught . . Gona test them this week end. . . CANT WAIT. . .
 

blade8989

New member
Hi JJ,


Black Widow Carp Rods
Will you be able to ship the rods to JHB? and if so at what price?


what is the price on the 3.25 TC?
 

eugenej

New member
Hey, I bought 4 daiwa black rods at Mias for R 445.00 each.

The one's ceramic guide broke befoe i could use it and one snapped at the tip while fighting a 6.2kg carp with a Shimano GTE 10 000 reel with the drag set.    

I do not recomend these rods - for the same rice you can get Shimano Alivias.

From now on, I touch nothing but Shimano gear!!!

 

Eugene 
 

SdB

Sealiner
eugenej wrote:
Hey, I bought 4 daiwa black rods at Mias for R 445.00 each.

The one's ceramic guide broke befoe i could use it and one snapped at the tip while fighting a 6.2kg carp with a Shimano GTE 10 000 reel with the drag set.    

I do not recomend these rods - for the same rice you can get Shimano Alivias.

From now on, I touch nothing but Shimano gear!!!

 

Eugene 

Does that mean the other 3 black widows is for sale then?
 

kaboem

Sealiner
I fish Diawa Black Widows 2.75t/c 12f in the smaller dams we fish and i have landed carp from 8-17kg since i had them. Nothing wrong with these rods.(if handeld correctly and looked after)
 

kaboem

Sealiner
Nee regtig Stefan ek sal  beslis nie baie vinnig hulle ontslae raak nie. Ek gaan nou einde van die maand Klaserie Boskamp toe vir 8 dae en ek gaan hulle saam vat en hulle regtig toets. baie lus en los die Chubbs by die huis... dis hoeveel vertroue ek in hulle het.
 

Jacques 159

New member
I am also very interested in the Daiwa black widow rods as of yet have only heard good things about it..apart from the fact they say it only has a bottom grip(yet to confirm this) can see no reason not to buy them..and they are capable of handling both mono and braided lines.They go for about R430.00 at western accesories in krugersdorp and with a price like that who can argue
 
Top