Yesterday I decided I need to get the HunterSki wet , after months of sitting and collecting dust.
With the recent rains I felt it was time to get on to the water again. The weather turned out partly cloudy with a stiff breeze. Somehow it felt that winter is going to come early this year.
The Vaal is currently sitting at 105% so there was plenty of water to cover. Getting to the water's edge was more of a mission. The grass banks are all flooded and the grass is all overgrown.
This didn't stop me as I need to feel the wind and get out on to the water.
Water temp was a cool 19 / 20 degrees C . I decided to row upwind as I knew coming back would be easier. As the sun peeped through the clouds I couldn't think of a better place to spend a Sunday.
Fish activity on the Garmin wasn't too hectic . The occasional carp jumping nearby as I silently rowed covering the miles of water.
Need to go catch some fish now...
Take care and have a good week..
With the recent rains I felt it was time to get on to the water again. The weather turned out partly cloudy with a stiff breeze. Somehow it felt that winter is going to come early this year.
The Vaal is currently sitting at 105% so there was plenty of water to cover. Getting to the water's edge was more of a mission. The grass banks are all flooded and the grass is all overgrown.
This didn't stop me as I need to feel the wind and get out on to the water.
Water temp was a cool 19 / 20 degrees C . I decided to row upwind as I knew coming back would be easier. As the sun peeped through the clouds I couldn't think of a better place to spend a Sunday.
Fish activity on the Garmin wasn't too hectic . The occasional carp jumping nearby as I silently rowed covering the miles of water.
Need to go catch some fish now...
Take care and have a good week..