Leader

Enigma

Moderator
0.35mm as it is strong enough to cast all day with and supple enough to fish confidently with

Works from M0 (14gr) to 4oz (112gr)

If I'm using a braid leader then it's a 20lbs Jerry Brown leader
 

Enigma

Moderator
I only use clear cammo leaders. Awa-Shima Classic Comp, Camo Quattro and Reflector, XX white is good

I personally do not use or recommend coloured (yellow - leaders). I have seen where I have tripled my peg partner just because I was fishing clear leaders and he yellow leaders.

Changed his leaders to clear and he got his tempo to exactly match mine

With leader as it uis for protection and to be robust diameter is more important than strength.
 

DanieJK

New member
Went fishing with a friend and he used red Sufix Synergy and he out fished alot of people. He told me that Red is a colour that is almost invisible under water. Is this true?
 

DanieJK

New member
Went fishing with a friend and he used red Sufix Synergy and he out fished alot of people. He told me that Red is a colour that is almost invisible under water. Is this true?
 

Enigma

Moderator
Yes that is true hence Big Game red and Red Bravo Bass line which are also very favoured by Carp Anglers

The Reflector Carp line also has a base red colour but reflects the colour beneath it changing it's appearance with every different bottom it lays over
 

James Craven

New member
It is an awesome line , very strong , but it doesn't "mic " 0.18mm. Get a micrometer and check for yourself. It measures 0.20 - 0.21mm.

That will kill your distance casting . The only line for me that measures what it claims, is Double XX Hi Abrasion and Platinum Plus. For me, the number 1 line in competitive angling.

My 2cents.
 

lourenslouw

New member
i fished with xx 7lb for about six month

i have not checked the mic on aiwa shima but wahen compared to xx i fined that it has less memory and is much stronger when compairing the diamter.

xx 7lbs=0.21mm if not mistakin so if the aiwa shima line "  mics" at 0.21mm it is still 9.9 lbs witch still for me is better for casting and for strenth.

I am speaking under corection and am still new to the comp angling

just my opinion
 

James Craven

New member
I think you need to find out some more about the right line from more seasoned anglers. You lack a lot in experience bud, especially in distance angling.

Awa-Shima is an awesome line as a leader and I agree 100% with Enigma.

And another thing bud, work on your spelling, it's shocking.
 
James Craven wrote:
I think you need to find out some more about the right line from more seasoned anglers. You lack a lot in experience bud, especially in distance angling.

Awa-Shima is an awesome line as a leader and I agree 100% with Enigma.

And another thing bud, work on your spelling, it's shocking.

And that's why he is here.....to learn and to share an opinion. No need to nail him on his spelling.
 

DanieJK

New member
James,

Enigma uses awa shima as mainline if I am not mistaken, seeing as his signature is also on the line I would think it is a good line.
 

lourenslouw

New member
like I said it is my opinion.

i know that I lack  experience and that is why i want to find out more.

let me rather put it like this. I LIKE AIWA SHIMA LINE MORE  
 

Enigma

Moderator
There are 11 Awa-Shima freshwater lines on the market for differing applications.

1. The best casting line in the stable is the C+ Hypercast, it measures 100% accurately and is generally 12-15% stronger than equivalent lines. It is extremely light and silicone coated for line release from the spool. The line ratings on the spools reflect fishing test (it pressure fish can exert on angler before the line breaks) Tensile strength as per RSA standard is lower than stated but for example if tested the 0.20 will be 8lbs which is higher than most 0.21mm

The most used line is XX hi Abrasion which is a great line but very prone to line twist as it does not have the same polymer properties and is not parallel spooled
 

Jake the Snake

New member
hehehe funny how u guys can agrue about line.:fbash

For it come down to personal choice. For me i just like the Double xx line more. Got alot of faith in it.

The Platinum plus line as leader is a bit to soft for me, it seems like whenever it gets a littel bit of a snag or goes over some rough areas, the next cast it off....

I see your point on the Yellow line a leader but for me i hasnt affected me that much thus far....Touch wood....I just like the fact that i can see the line better when the fish is close and you can see every move it makes. With some of the camo line and white or Green line i struggel to see where the line is ect ect.
 
Top