Leader Line

wmpruis

New member
I was wondering which strength leader line would be my best option.

I have 2 16ft rods with magnum reels. The Main line is 7lb and I was thinking maybe 20lb leader line.

Also my brother told me to make the mieliebom part of the rig the same strength as the leader line and the hook links the same as the main line. Is this accurate. Currently my rigs I have built is made of the 7lb line.

Any suggestions?:fishn
 

PI

Senior Member
Anything from 18 - 20 pounds will be sufficient.

Try and make your hooklinks from 7 - 10pound lines. This will ensure a better bait presentation to the fish. I personally use 7 pound hooklinks.

You can make the shank line ("mieliebom part") the same as your leader line.

Hope it helps.

PI
 

wmpruis

New member
Thank you very much PI, I will go to the fishing tackle shop and get 20lb line then.

We are going fishing sunday ::S.
 
Top