Land Based Fishing Guides

zulu

New member
Hello Fisho's,

Trust you all well, had a good break and caught heaps of fish(within your legal limit)

 

I spent 2 weeks in Wilderness (George),. Fished early mornings, late afternoon and only managed a few Pan sized fish:?

Garrik, Steenbras, blacktail and Shad...Only took Steenbras and Blacktail home for a feed.

 

I'm fairly experienced in lure fishing, but I believe the main reason for not bagging a good number of fish is that:

1)      I did not know the area

2)      I did not know the target species well enough

...I tried researching on sealine and other sites on Wilderness, but did not get much info.

 

 

I, like many, don't agree with boats and therefore I prefer land based fishing....There are also not many Land Based Fishing Guides around, and if I had one on my holiday, my bag would have been stacked with FishJ

 

I would like to start a Land Based Fishing Guide Thread. Please note that this is not a marketing thread,. so please do not post your own guide company details[/b]

 

If you have been with an Experienced and Knowledgeable Land based Fishing Guide, post their details through using the template below.

 

If you have any Constructive Comments[/b] on a guide that has been posted, please let us know....note that this is not a sling shot contest against any guide[/b]

  

All comments will better assist all fisho's in making a decision with choosing a guide that will suite their pocket and the fish they would like to target

 

Also,[/b] If you are an Experienced and Knowledgeable in a specific land based area and/or in certain fish species, willing to go out or assist other fisho's with no fee attached[/b], please capture your detail in the template with "No Charge[/b]" for the price

 

 

Sample Template[/b]

Guide Name:[/b] Hunt Blacktail-Land Based Guides

Guide Tel#: [/b] 031 123 4567

Experience in the following Areas:[/b] Durban North Coast, Umhlanga, Umlodti

Fish Species of Speciality:[/b] Blacktail OnlyJ

Guide Web Address:[/b] http://www.huntblacktail.co.za

Your general comments on the guide:[/b]

Guide is a very friendly bloke, but could only get us undersized blacktail only

How did you do on your trip:[/b]

10 undersized BlacktailL

Price per Hr, 1/2day, Full day[/b]

Per/Hr: N/A

1/2 day: R300-00

Full day: R500-00

Fees do not include any snack or water....bring your own

 

  

After a month or two, I will collect all details and package into an easy to read document. I will then repost on this thread or where Reefman or Emperor suggests

 

Thanx all

zulu
 

Cobus Blouberg

Senior Member
Hi Zulu,

I know of 3 guys in the Knysna - George area that are active in this field and I shall let them know about your initiative, for them to decide for themselves if they want to partake.

I think this is a good idea and I hope you can get it together, I especially agree about local knowledge being the determining factor.

So, thanks and good luck.
 

couta-koppie

Senior Member
Hi Zulu. I don't know of any guides around here, but if anyone want to dropshot in Richards Bay they can give me a buzz. If I'm available, I'll help them get some fish, no charge. 073 400 8324. :fishn
 

JJ Pienaar

Sealiner
At the moment i'm studying Tourism & Tour Operations all though i'm 20 and not 21 year'z of age, i'm not allowd to guide as yet..But i'd like to 'help' ppl by guiding them for the day at no charge... Just 4 experience... I'm experienced in artificial lure angling as wel as edibl and inedibl surf fishing...My number 072 2101 451
 

basstacle4see

New member
JJ Pienaar wrote:
At the moment i'm studying Tourism & Tour Operations all though i'm 20 and not 21 year'z of age, i'm not allowd to guide as yet..But i'd like to 'help' ppl by guiding them for the day at no charge... Just 4 experience... I'm experienced in artificial lure angling as wel as edibl and inedibl surf fishing...My number 072 2101 451
So who determines whether you are alowed to guide yet? If I want want to become a guide in say fresh water angling what is required of me? is there an exam? Do i have to register with some tourism autority? Can someone shed some light on this........
 
Top