I'm trying to find out what happened to the old Av

Hobo-Jay

New member
I'm trying to find out what happened to the old Aventure Roodeplaat. I know Foreva resorts bought out the aventura group. But i see the Roodeplaat resort is not on there list anymore.

Does anybody know if it is still running? maybe under a different name?

I would like to try some bass fishing there on Sunday.
 

gpz

New member
As far as I know it is now a residential estate, Sable Hills I think.
Unless you know someone who lives there, you probably won't be able to fish there.
 

Hobo-Jay

New member
Thanks GPZ. What a pity, used to be a great resort. Do you know anywhere else i can launch a boat from the the dam?
 

axle

Member
You can launch at the Nature Reserve side.
Take the Zambesi Drive turn-off towards the Zambesi Mall then turn left on the R573 and drive for about 10km. Entrance is on the right.
 

Brakkie

New member
The dam is very low at the moment so please be carefull right infront of the jetty ther is a massive rock about 40cm unter the surface and it is 6 metres infront of the jetty.....

When you go down the slip on your right about 10 metres from the cable it is also very rocky and less than 1 metre deep.
 

Hobo-Jay

New member
Thanks for the advise. I went to Bronkhorstspruit last weekend. And the water level was super low. The was very little structure. so it was pointless. I will have to consider fishing fuller dams from now on.
 
Top