Hi :::S I have been searching through sealine fo

Fishing Palace

New member
Hi :::S


I have been searching through sealine for information regarding the resort Avante on the Vaal dam and was hoping we could get an update on the resort.

In previous posts very little is mentioned about the resort itself, baits used, area and distances fished.

Besides Oom Ben being a grumpy old bat can anybody share some more info??

I would like to take my first trip out this weekend as the frustration of winter has already got the better of me :fbash .


Please help me out as i would like to try somewhere new and have been wanting to visit this resort for a while.


Thanks a mil and tight lines.. :wfish
 

Bruggie

Sealiner
I used to go there often and know Oom Ben( Actually Oom Jan) very well. He is an old grumpy guy yes, but that is his nature and once you get to know him, he is actually a really nice oom.

I used to sit where the dam opens up on the right, just left of the boat launching pad. Used to get on average between 4 and 7 KG carps there and the odd nice yellow.

It is a very nice neat and tidy place to go to, with some entertainment for the kids. The only problem is in summer it can get really full there because it is only a small place.Use SWD and Tjop-Tjop/Vatikaki. Worked for me.

But in general, a nice place to go to.

 

Hope this helps
 

Fishing Palace

New member
Thanks any info is always greatly appreciated.

would you by any chance have a rough idea on the fees for day visitors as well as camping?

I read in other posts that they have cottages, how far are they situated from the water? and what distances were you fishing?

Thanks again::tight:
 

Bruggie

Sealiner
I cannot remember exactly what the prices where. They have fishermens cabinets that is about 50-100m from the water.The camping sites is about 30m from the water. They also have 2 or 3 big houses that you can rent from them, but have never stayed in them.

I used to fish about 100-200m with a canoe. The deeper water is closer to the right at the launching pad.
 
Top