Hi Guys What are you thoughts on using maroek

BeMax

New member
Hi Guys

What are you thoughts on using maroek in your groun feed . We will be doing a trip to the vaal for a couple of days and one of my mates insists we use maroek in the feeding spot together with particles. We will be fishing mainly for carp but to my knowledge maroek will attract cats and maybe muddies.

Will maroek attract carp ???

:?
 

Fishpaste

Sealiner
I have not use maroek in the vaalriver to be fair but I cannot see that it wont work. It will definitely create a scent trail and also cloud up the water.
If it does attract cats then you will have to fish through them...at least you will be busy!
 

necrovis

New member
Hi Bemax

I found maroek to be a good attractent to small fish, barbel and great for kurper. If you are looking for bigger fish, I would keep the maroek out of there. Especially in the vaal where there are an ubundance of fish.

Now with the spring in the air and rains coming, if you are going to feed, try going protein rich particles for as the carp will be looking for that energy after winter and now before spawning starts.

Another good idea will be to use sweet and fruity flavours.

My experience and 2c ::tight:
 

BeMax

New member
Thanks guys

I think I will then make two different feeding spots , one with the maroek (with particles) and the other with particles only . A good time to experiment to see witch one of the two will deliver bigger fish, specifically carp.
The smaller fish ( grass carp ) can be annoying. You certainly dont want to attract a school of them into your feeding spot for four days of fishing.
I don't really mind catching smaller ones but our aim is to target the larger ones 5kg +.
We have a large stretch of water, so I will be trying specimen on two rods and papgooi on the other.

Will give a report and hopefully photos


:):):)
 
Top