Eric's Kingy

MarkShark

New member
This topic is for the Eric's Kingy fishing ski. Searching around the net I've found that there actually not a lot of information or pictures of this ski and I would like to change that having recently purchased my own. So if you have a Kingy or information/pictures on this topic please add as much as possible!

Here are a few pics of my Kingy...


03122009486-001.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 03122009486-001.jpg
    03122009486-001.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,029

BulkCarrier

Sealiner
I saw on another forum (fishingcorner) people had problems with water running into the fishbox when the seat is full of water. Fishbox lip the same height as the the edge of the kayak seat.

They might have fixed it by now.
 

MarkShark

New member
I noticed that the fish hatch is a bit low but the lip on it seems to be well elavated. I am going to try it out this weekend come rain or shine.
Having left the ski out in the rain last night the seat was a puddle of water, I then swept the water towards the footwells where it drained out and it didnt really flow towards the hatch. But as I say I will have to put it into practice...
 

Tyrone ter bruggen

Senior Member
Awesome ski, and a big up to all at Erics... I have had much use out of other skis, but wont mention names on this thread, and not to mention, they all have teething problems...
Not badly priced at all, and when my ship comes in i'd definately consider buying one!!!
Plse keep us informed as to how your test goes this weekend, As you said, the more info the better!!!

Great color choice there bud, and welcome to sealine...
 

BulkCarrier

Sealiner
You are right, Most guys have problems with the first model till they get feedback for the guys using the yak's and fix the problems.

That why I said it might be fix in the model he got.
 

MarkShark

New member
I used the ski for the first time this past weekend at Addington Beach. This beach is known for its small waves and generally flat swells. On Saturday the swells were a little above average but very reasonable. As I launched the first foamy hit me and filled the seat and footwell section with water making it quite difficult to catch momentum, however, once i was moving the ski started to glide nicely and footwells began to drain. In less than 2minutes the recesses were clear of water except for about a cm in the footwells. The steering was very responsive and could turn 180' in a few strokes.
Beaching the first time was a breeze, surfed a wave all the way to the shore without having to lean far back or rely on the paddle to keep me going straight or forward. The second time however was a different story, caught a small wave for a bit before it passed me, lost momentum, and the second wave pushed me sideways and dunked me.

Overall the ski performed very well, its light, manueverable, stable. The fish hatch did not take in water at any stage, even after rolling in the surf.

Besides the testing of the craft I also managed to get two small shad ;)
 

iggy

Sealiner
I see no angler weight indicated, Id like to know the max carrying weight for your kayak, it looks lekka...
 

MarkShark

New member
Hmmm, I'm not sure of the weight capacity, i'll have a look around otherwise i'll ask Anton at Eric's.
I'm a lightie so it definately has no problem with me and my gear!

Thanks for the compliments on the colours Tyrone and iggy, I struggled to settle on a colour scheme...
 

Attachments

  • 02122009471.jpg
    02122009471.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 852

Tyrone ter bruggen

Senior Member
Yo Mark.

What you got planned for Early saturday morning???

Wanna launch at Vetchies/Addington, drop a few lines and maybe get some bait fish (Mozzies, Mackies etc)??? I also believe the Shad are pretty thick at the moment too, big one at that...

I'll be going down, so feel free to get in touch tomorrow some time, 082 813 6666

Tye.
 

MarkShark

New member
Thanks Tye, I wish I could but I'm going to Inanda dam this weekend for a mates bday. Hopefully I can nail the bass off the ski.
I will most definately join you in the near future though.
The weather looks almost perfect so needless to say - enjoy it!
Let me know how it goes...
 

Attachments

  • 12122009517.jpg
    12122009517.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 782

wasievis

New member
I have a erics tunny and really can not complain!I have bean speaking to erics about the kingy and looks like a grate ski.They have improved the nose to handle better in surf,it handels great in wind, a great plus for me down in the Cape.All and all a good looking ski that handels well..Looking forward to a test drive!!!:clap12:clap12
 

MarkShark

New member
Well if you ever come to Durbs you more than welcome to give it a go wasievis
:kaykak



Oh and for those worried about the hatch being too low "The hatch is huge over 2.5 metres long and it was felt that the entrance to the hatch should be bigger so Eric has altered the mould raising the entrance into the hatch from 19cm to 23cm's." -Anton
20052009.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20052009.jpg
    20052009.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 675

MarkShark

New member
Kingy for sale in Durban:

ERIC'S KINGY LIKE NEW FISHING SKI 3 MONTHS OLD INCLUDING PADDLE
R6500

http://durban.gumtree.co.za/c-Boats-Jet-Skis-boats-jet-skis-FISHING-SKI-W0QQAdIdZ179895988
 

Attachments

  • 13136ah_20.jpeg
    13136ah_20.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 565

skinny dipper

New member
Markshark: Hi, I know it is probably a long shot but is your eric's kingy still available or has it been sold? My name is Garth contact 0845605200 or garthsivier@gmail.com :kaykak
 

iR Bennie

New member
Just saw that post... mark not sure if there was more of those kingys made with the blue and read paint. but i have that one or similar... bought it this year i think. awesome ski.. and it catches fish and rides surf so well
 
Top