DIPS: Day vs Night fishing

RHK_888

New member
Hi guys. Somethings been playing on my mind since the last overnight club outing I attended. Do you use stronger dips at night or do you stick to what was getting bites during the day?

Unfortunately I didnt get any fish during the day (was using banjo/fx) (sweet) but when night fell, I changed to pink panther (garlic)/fx/gumtree (strong) and I started getting bites within an hour.

In other words does night fall mean change of tactics (assuming you were getting bites on a certain combo during the day)?

lets hear your experiences
:whisp
 

Enigma

Moderator
Given the principles of dips/aromas/flavours then I would say that if you had started using the dips in the day that you eventually used in the night you would have got bites in the day as well.

I fished countless 72 hour carp sessions and found absolutely no change in tempo due to dip during day or night

What I did find clear and definitive is that at night it gets quieter on the bank, the surrounds are darker and the air/water cools down. These factors all bring about certain things:

1. The fish come in closer to feed. The fish move out again between 06:00-09:00 depending on the time of the year.

2. The fish feed more aggressively at night.

What could have happened is that the fish moved in closer and found the feed spot you made up all through the day.
 

Wynandwc

New member
Hi Enigma.

I have found that during the day, at a rather quiet spot, that i have more success close to the banks. Is this due to the warmer water closer to the banks?

Or is there mabye another explination?

The carps are normally between 2kg-4kg.
 
Top