HeartCoppi
New member
I don't like my carp getting its first dorsal fin rasped through my net.
It breaks the fin web and sometime quite badly leaving a bloody discoloration. Its also not unusual that the anal fin makes the same problems.
Moreover the hooks get snagged as well.
So I have this heavy feeling that I am causing some damage and I'd like to know from fellow forumengers, what net I should get to minimize this.
This is not a discussion about the dont's of knotted nets, but rather an evaluation of which nets carp tend not to hook themselves in.
I think its fairly inevitable that a carp will tear the webs. A "spiky" structure in the mesh of a net lends itself to inevitably going to protrude somewhere.
So which net frees the carp the best from "spike hooking".
Please help me with an overview.
Lets set a sample batch of 10 carp between 2-4 kg and report the number of times out of 10 that you would experience "spike hooking" with the net that you currently use. and also the "hook hooking rate/10"
So please give the following info:
(1) type of landing net
(2) "spike hooking" experienced out of every ten fish caught ?/10
(3) "hook hooking" experienced out of every ten fish caught
Thanks
It breaks the fin web and sometime quite badly leaving a bloody discoloration. Its also not unusual that the anal fin makes the same problems.
Moreover the hooks get snagged as well.
So I have this heavy feeling that I am causing some damage and I'd like to know from fellow forumengers, what net I should get to minimize this.
This is not a discussion about the dont's of knotted nets, but rather an evaluation of which nets carp tend not to hook themselves in.
I think its fairly inevitable that a carp will tear the webs. A "spiky" structure in the mesh of a net lends itself to inevitably going to protrude somewhere.
So which net frees the carp the best from "spike hooking".
Please help me with an overview.
Lets set a sample batch of 10 carp between 2-4 kg and report the number of times out of 10 that you would experience "spike hooking" with the net that you currently use. and also the "hook hooking rate/10"
So please give the following info:
(1) type of landing net
(2) "spike hooking" experienced out of every ten fish caught ?/10
(3) "hook hooking" experienced out of every ten fish caught
Thanks