Casting 3,5lb test curve

Chris John

New member
Hi All,

I recently purchased some 3,5lb test curve rods and went down to my local to practice casting a lead. Gee they send it out hard however I casted about 12 times and when trying for that extra distance I got a tangle in mid air like a crows nest just in the middle of the line nowhere near the lead.

Any idea why this is happening??
 

k20mad

New member
Hi

 

Yes the problem might be a couple of things. Line spooled lo loose and then the next thing over spooling your reels roll the line on the spool and leave the line to lay loose if the line coils of easly it is to full.

 

:?
 

Enigma

Moderator
Reel is over filled and the top coils are pulling the line off from below.

This is exaggerated when field casting because line is retrieved under less tension making the coils looser and easier to pull what I call a "Bunch of Buggers"off from the spool.
 
Top