Can I use two pop-ups?

Boss Wit NOS

Sealiner
Barbelman wrote:
Boss Wit NOS wrote:
Barbelman wrote:
Boss Wit NOS wrote:
Hey Man

to be very honest with you, this is just personal preference, but I stay away from ready tied rigs and this mustard D rig hook is something else I would stay away from, the D rig is mainly used for wafters and bottom baits, so an 18mm snowman setup with a 15mm or 12mm popup..

if you are worried about tying the D rig correctly, there are much simpler rigs that can be used as pop up rigs, the multi rig is def one I would recommend you try.. or check the korda website and look at the rig Darrel pecks ties for his pop ups, really simple and they work..

I started tying all my rigs myself quite some time ago.
What is wrong with this hook? I see this method works well, well, according to the Korda videos anyway:)



for me, if I lose a fish, I want to know what went wrong and how I can resolve it, having a premade D rig like that looks flimsy and to much to go wrong I guess, I prefer making my D rigs the old fashioned way, the easier way is sometimes not the best route, especially when fishing for BFC.. that's just my 2cents

I Can't stop

staring at your
profile pic_seal1__seal1__seal1_

Lol, just joking. I get what you are saying. Thank you.
I am learning all the time.

hahahahaa yeah

Denise Miliani, JUST FYI

but back to the rig, like I say, if you google the D rig, you will see most of the pix are with single hook baits(single bottom or single wafter, OR tipped with a fake) so its not the best POPUP rig, have a look at the links I included, those will be better options I think...
 

Basspro

Senior Member
Ya Boss Wit Nos likes a woman with a big rod .....

agreed ....... losing fish is worse than divorce man...Lol !!!!
 

Barbelman

New member
Boss Wit NOS wrote:
Barbelman wrote:
Boss Wit NOS wrote:
Barbelman wrote:
Boss Wit NOS wrote:
Hey Man

to be very honest with you, this is just personal preference, but I stay away from ready tied rigs and this mustard D rig hook is something else I would stay away from, the D rig is mainly used for wafters and bottom baits, so an 18mm snowman setup with a 15mm or 12mm popup..

if you are worried about tying the D rig correctly, there are much simpler rigs that can be used as pop up rigs, the multi rig is def one I would recommend you try.. or check the korda website and look at the rig Darrel pecks ties for his pop ups, really simple and they work..

I started tying all my rigs myself quite some time ago.
What is wrong with this hook? I see this method works well, well, according to the Korda videos anyway:)



for me, if I lose a fish, I want to know what went wrong and how I can resolve it, having a premade D rig like that looks flimsy and to much to go wrong I guess, I prefer making my D rigs the old fashioned way, the easier way is sometimes not the best route, especially when fishing for BFC.. that's just my 2cents

I Can't stop

staring at your
profile pic_seal1__seal1__seal1_

Lol, just joking. I get what you are saying. Thank you.
I am learning all the time.

hahahahaa yeah

Denise Miliani, JUST FYI

but back to the rig, like I say, if you google the D rig, you will see most of the pix are with single hook baits(single bottom or single wafter, OR tipped with a fake) so its not the best POPUP rig, have a look at the links I included, those will be better options I think...

I will do some googling thanks. Not just for the rigs ha ha.
 

Boss Wit NOS

Sealiner
Barbelman wrote:
Boss Wit NOS wrote:
Barbelman wrote:
Boss Wit NOS wrote:
Barbelman wrote:
Boss Wit NOS wrote:
Hey Man

to be very honest with you, this is just personal preference, but I stay away from ready tied rigs and this mustard D rig hook is something else I would stay away from, the D rig is mainly used for wafters and bottom baits, so an 18mm snowman setup with a 15mm or 12mm popup..

if you are worried about tying the D rig correctly, there are much simpler rigs that can be used as pop up rigs, the multi rig is def one I would recommend you try.. or check the korda website and look at the rig Darrel pecks ties for his pop ups, really simple and they work..

I started tying all my rigs myself quite some time ago.
What is wrong with this hook? I see this method works well, well, according to the Korda videos anyway:)



for me, if I lose a fish, I want to know what went wrong and how I can resolve it, having a premade D rig like that looks flimsy and to much to go wrong I guess, I prefer making my D rigs the old fashioned way, the easier way is sometimes not the best route, especially when fishing for BFC.. that's just my 2cents

I Can't stop

staring at your
profile pic_seal1__seal1__seal1_

Lol, just joking. I get what you are saying. Thank you.
I am learning all the time.

hahahahaa yeah

Denise Miliani, JUST FYI

but back to the rig, like I say, if you google the D rig, you will see most of the pix are with single hook baits(single bottom or single wafter, OR tipped with a fake) so its not the best POPUP rig, have a look at the links I included, those will be better options I think...

I will do some googling thanks. Not just for the rigs ha ha.

honestly, the Darrel peck pop up rig is the easiest and I have caught fish using it, excellent rig
 
Top