buffelspoortdam

cementkop

New member
Why doesn't guys use the write gear to do speciman angling talking about line's ir at least try at least to recover line I where this weekend lost so many fish deu line's in the water.
 

AYOBA!

Sealiner
cementkop wrote:
Why doesn't guys use the write gear to do speciman angling talking about line's ir at least try at least to recover line I where this weekend lost so many fish deu line's in the water.

Eish...probeer Afrikaans, dalk verstaan ons jou?
 

MadCarper

Sealiner
Unfortunately many anglers dont give a damn and continue to use cheap line not cut out for extreme range snag fishing. On top of that they will take their lines out with their boat but will not make the effort to go and retrieve snagged fish or line with their boat. Ignorant and selfish.

I had to retrieve my own line that was snagged up on 3 different lines left behind by someone else. Took me about 30minutes of pulling by hand to get all that line out of the water... easily 200-300m long each!!!
 

cementkop

New member
I had 13 runs this weekend could only landed 9 due lines in the water we even helped I bird that where caught by braid I can't believe people dont care but not all of us is the same but I there is one thing I know if you find the correct spot and bait buffels is hot and nice to be at
 

Basspro

Senior Member
Anglers .. some of them are generally selfish and ignorant not because they don't know better but simply because they don't consider other anglers or nature.

They there for themselves and leave the place with more than footprints. It comes down to stupid angling and idiots with fishing rods chasing a p/b .... which I hope they will never get.

MAKES LIFE DIFFICULT FOR THE REST OF US ...... !!!
 

Beeslek

New member
The other half of the problem is greed.Venue names get published with photos of big fish,then everyone rushes there to catch 50 lbers with inferior tackle.Rules are not enforced by the venue's management/staff,so anyone can just do as they please.Even the 'hook and cook/sell' brigade,or the unscrupulous lot who move fish everywhere for their own personal gain.As long as proper rules are not rigidly enforced,this situation will not change,it will only get worse.
 

cementkop

New member
I agree totally people see dvd's or tv programs or see the pictures of big fish then they go on weekends and try to cast the pb's they over feed by throwing kg's of groundbait not using the wright gear break lines dont care and off they go.I understand not everybody have the money to buy the wright equipment but at least try your best ask for assistance other wise we can say goodbye to one of the best venues.
 

bassbug

New member
from a bassing point of view,
a fair amount of carp anglers visit buffels so bass fishing on the resort side tends to be difficult. so i fish on the opposite bank. casting parallel on the opposite banks finds me hooking loads of braid and mono lines. as mentioned above these lines run for hundreds of meters. i do pull them out but most are wedged proper amongst the rocky bottom and twisted in the grass. i dont understand why carp anglers at buffels have to drop their rigs on the opposite bank when there are huge carp near their banks, i have seen monster carp a stones throw from them. but those that can have their baits dropped on the opposite bank have boats/vessels to so. why they dont collect their rigs is pure ignorance, and i hope they will keep the waters clean as much as they love catching carp
 

MadCarper

Sealiner
its because most carp anglers follow everyone else... as soon as word got out that guys were catching good carp at the opposite side they all started doing the same. Yes there are big carp over on that side but ppl will try it no matter if they are equipped or not. I used to know a couple of guys who fished castin distance from the fishing bank and they had some huge carp there.
 
Top