Boschkop

samaad

New member
Hi Guys

I am planning a day trip to Boschkop (Vaal) this Saturday. Has anyone been there recently? Has the fish started to spawn?

Thanks
 
Havent been there recently, but visited another venue on the Vaal about a week ago. We didnt do too bad, I landed 6 carp, biggest was around 3kg at 120m, smaller fish came out at casting distance. The usual sweet stuff (banana/banjo, fx, bunspice), earthworm or garlic worked.

The best is to go see for yourself, have a general strategy and try out the usual stuff that works at the Vaal.
 

samaad

New member
Hi Steelpulse

It did not go well. I arrive there at 06:00. The wind was howling. The guys around me all told me that the wind was blowing hard all night.

I think I saw about 6 gazebo's and tents broken when I drove in.

Managed to catch one carp (500g). Wind did not stop at around 12, so I packed up.

Maybe better luck next time.
 

TaahirJHB

New member
I was at Boschkop on Sunday.  Was very overcast when we arrived at about 6:30.  Cleared up by about 11.  Not very successful though, caught 2 muddies and a 1 carp between 4 of us - all less than a kilo.  Seems like the water was a bit low.  The guys with boats seemed to have a bit more luck taking their lines in.  Had 1 good run at about 12, snapped my line which was disappointing.  All in all, not a very good day for fishing.
 
Top