Bionic finger

G

Guest

Guest
Gents,

To assist the missus with her casting, I would like to install the bionic finger on her 10' Loomis 3ounce spinning stick. But firstly, I would like to know how it works? A pic demostration will be excellent if someone can help out - that will also assist mommy to see how to apply the new fitting. They say a pic can say a 1000 words....

Please help,

JuanP
 

ignoblis

Senior Member
JUANP
I am not going to draw pic but here goes: it is a gadget that attaches to the front grip of you rod and you clip the line into it before a cast as normally you would have to rest the line on your fore finger. You then cast and instead of releasing the line from your fore finger you basically release the trigger and the line is released.
It is normally only needed with braid of over 30Pound and Lure/sinkers of over 3oz.

hope this helps
ignoblis
 
G

Guest

Guest
maybe I must fit it, and then just send the missus on one of Barry's or Kingfisher's clinics.
 
G

Guest

Guest
A bit on the small side (specially for the 10 footer) - Slade 4000. She's doing ok, she gets +/- 40m - 50m on her cast, using 0.35mm mono. I want to load the reel with braid, say 15-20lb - with the thinner diameter I guess she might get an extra 15-20m on her cast.

What say you?
 

neilg

Sealiner
Buy her a lighter rated rod and she'll get more distance, chances are good she's not compressing the rod properly to take full advantage of the action of the rod
 
G

Guest

Guest
neilg wrote:
Buy her a lighter rated rod and she'll get more distance, chances are good she's not compressing the rod properly to take full advantage of the action of the rod
On that note, I broke 2 of her 7' Megaforce rods before and was not famous with her. Both were accidents tho! (first one on a boat in RBay, I slipped while rod was in the rod holder, 2nd as I closed the canopy hatch it clapped the rod just above the join, just need to replace the tip) Maybe I should take you up on that suggestion, get a 8' megaforce
 

Andre Laas

Sealiner
Hi Juan

I had the bionic finger fitted on a 12ft L&F for casting with thin braid. I have to be honest and say that for me it was not worth-while the cost of the bionic finger plus fitment as it have so far provided me with more frustration than pleasure, and it is now just in the way.

Maybe it is just me? I now use normal material type plasters to prevent braid line cuts from the thin braid. 
 
G

Guest

Guest
thanks for the heads-up Critter - elastoplast comes to mind, will try that
 

GOJ

Senior Member
Yeah that elastoplast is the way forward if you don't like wearing gloves, I can cast my 12foot with 40lb braid and a 2 - 3oz bullet all morning with out changing it.

You just need to try keep that finger dry or you may need to change it a little more often.
 
Top