Arrived at Meerhof Oewer respor in Harties on Satu

janb

New member
Arrived at Meerhof Oewer respor in Harties on Saturday morning with the family to take the boat out. On arrival I was greeted (or not greeted) my a very bombastic old man at the gate, who sh@t on me for driving in too close to the gate. Apologies done he proceeded to fill out the stacks of paperwork required, when I placed the entry fee on the counter. once again I was sh@t on by the very unfriendly old man, since he "was still busy with paperwork". I politely requested that he should not speak to me like that, when he asked me to leave the premises. No problem with that, since i will never return.

Very disappointing- please be warned not to run into the same unpleasant scenario. There are many other places to go...

 
 

azcoza

New member
I have heard stories of that old man I don't think I wanna go to a place where you going to have unnecessary problems.
 

craig54

Senior Member
Sounds like the old man is a bit of a ..... Was planning to fish there this coming weekend. Any body camped at Oberon lately ?
 

mahomedhoosein

Senior Member
Did not camp there but went for the day. Place is been revamped. there is some construction going on. Fished directly across meerhof but the place was mess its like fishing on a rubbish damp as said in one of the topics. As far as security goes there was a guy on horse back, But not sure if they around at night. Place might get better over time.
 

mahomedhoosein

Senior Member
2 small carp

it was for a club competition. We were i think about 40 and only about 13 fish were caught. but this was in winter.
 

MadCarper

Sealiner
Seems that sort of experience is the norm at Meerhof. i've heard plenty times of the rude old fart there.

I agree with janb, there are MANY other places to go... why support a place that treats anglers like cr*p? I would never support such a place, no matter how good the fishing might be...!!!!
 

CARP1

Sealiner
I fully agree,MC.

We are the guys who keeps them going,after all.Just turn around,tell him to stuff the paperwork,and go somewhere else.....
 

Unlimited

Sealiner
all the more fishing water for me jejeje... sorry to hear that guy... we've never had such a problem there, but ja the paperwork takes for ever (he is only covering his ass due to the new boating laws)
 

CARP1

Sealiner
Wich is fine and fair,Unlimited.Rules are rules,and we have to follow them.But if a guy becomes unpleasent and rude it ruins the experience for a person.There is no need for that.

On the other hand(Darren),a person can be perceived to be rude and mislik by one person and the next person sees it a different way again.
 

Bruggie

Sealiner
I think he is like that because of all the paperwork he has to fill in for each angler going there.

But that is still not an excuse for being rude.!!
 

mike1234

New member
daai ou toppie is n d@@$ maar hy dink hy ken my en groet my altyd oorvriendelik as ek daar kom hahaha vra my hoe gan dit het jou lank trug gesien...lol...maar ja, in my jonger dae toe ek altyd saam my oupa gan vis vang het was ek bang vir hom... misluker as dai vrou van weakest link!!:lol:1
 

jkuhn5

New member
I had symilar experience with the old man at the gate some time ago but I would like to go to Meerhof soon to camp for a few days with my boet.

I remember we joined the club or something at Meerhof, paid the fees and the first time we wanted to go there we were told that it was something elegal that we joined and we lost our money

I heard the security is also not that good at Meerhof, any info on that?
 

Sibran

New member
Gents has anyone been to Meerhof recently, I have been going there for a while now and have also experienced the unpleasant nature of that old man, he seemed to get more polite the more he saw me come in.

Anyways, I would like to go for a day outting this weekend...where are the fish coming out now on Haarties.
 

jkuhn5

New member
Hi
Me and my brother went to Ifafi for 4 days, caught nothing though, had a few runs. The day we got there the guy next to us caught 6 carps, smallest 4.2kg and the biggest over 6kg. Ifafi gets very busy though on weekends but I assume it will be all over like that.
We tried Meerhof first but were told tha we not allowed to camp during the week, only weekend. I think there is a security risk for this reason
Happy fishing
 

woofles

Member
sad to say you are not the first nor will you be the last. I myself had a few experiences when taking my canoe or inflatable. I have never gone back, in fact I fish eagle waters now and never had a bad experience there.
 
Top