Winter

Tod1

Im In....::H

Just an idea..How about take a pic of the sealine members at the comp and put in local news paper as well...?!

Guns

Novice

Banned
I agree with Mel G on the distribution of the blankets. I have had the experience of absorbing the gratitude the less fortunate radiate when kindness is shown to them and its really incredible. and besides it would just reinforce the commitment we guys are making by being there personally. Lets go for it!!

jace

Hi guys

As with most good intentions we need to set out a plan of action

1. Get permission from sealine admin[/*]
  2. appoint a group of members to oversee the admin thereof[/*]
  3. contact ecr with the way forward[/*]
  4. make the intervension with ease and get some publicity for the organisation.
[/*]
rdgs

jace

Khani

I know I am little late - But the Idea is brilliant. I have already donated some blankets but still can't get rid of that guilty feeling everytime I go to sleep feeling warm and comfy.

Count me in for min 2 blankets.

Khani

Hey Guys,

I would like to nominate Jace  (unofficial sealine statistician) to run with the blanket Idea, and maybe we can put a name to it like,

Sealine blanket challenge or Sealine - fishing for Blankets or whatever.

More importantly we need action  now.

Mel G

Hi guys, i agree with you and more especially Jace, in the sense that we have to get a plan of action together, and a thumbs up from ADMIN as the first step... Then we can get into the nitty gritty of starting a new thread with pledges from the members... So my proposed plan of action:

step 1 would be a thumbs up from ADMIN

step 2 Start a new thread

step 3 Contact ECR

step 4 Work out viable method of collection (either banking/a central collection point)

step 5 Set ourselves a target/end point (date)

step 6 Hand over the goods/money to ECR and get a group of members together to help distribute the blankets

What do u guys think???

Mel G

Howzit Khani, i second u on appointing Jace... Lets get this going, we dont want this one to turn into just another brilliant idea!!!! So what do u say Jace???

Oh and i like the thread name - "Fishing for Blankets"::H

Khani

Hey Guys,

I have absolutely no doubt that Emperor would approve.

My Reason for nominating Jace is that he is a person of action and is already involved in helping certain charitable organisations.

Jace has accepted his nominations, which I confirmed b4 the posting.

Unless there are objections its all go.

Guys if anyone feels they can make a contribution in the organising of this worthy cause send Jace a PM, I am sure Jace will appreciate any help he can get.

'When you are warm remember those who are cold'

Emperor

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Folks,

I had a word with Jace, last evening. He is  more than willing to handle the collection of monies and the liasing with ecr. I think this is a wonderful, warm-heart initiative, and it will most certainly make a difference. Members can make their contribution during registration at Winklespruit, if you cannot attend or live abroad and wish to make a bank deposit please send me an email admin@sealine.co.za.

1. Jeryl Daniel(emp)        -          R100

jace

Hi Guy

It will be a pleasure to handle this worthy cause and I am sure it will be one of many.

I have Contacted Ecr and the collections run til 14 July but because of the present weather conditions at the moment they would appreciate any early donations. I have indicated to them that we will try to get ours in by the end of first week june.

Ecr will also allow us one minute radio announcement about our donation and when we present the cheque to ecr ..we can make arrangements with own Sealine Camera man to photo the occasion with the ECR people.

We can also challenge similar organisations to better or matck our donation.

Ok guys ...we got this going ...let see what big hearts we have.

Jace   -

Mel G

Howzit Emperor, i agree that this is a great initiative, and bides well for Sealine, i pledge R200, and challenge all other members especially the Man United (specifically little-hobo), AC Milan, Chelsea, and all other football club supporters supporters to beat the pledge... Lets see the pledges and donations rolling in. Thanks Emperor for getting the ball rolling...

Come guys, lets make this one count!!!!^^..

Khani

Sealine Fishing for Blankets (unofficial name for blanket Collection)

2. 2. Imraan Khan (Khani)    -          R100     - 0844660225

jace

Khani wrote:
Sealine Fishing for Blankets (unofficial name for blanket Collection)

2. 2. Imraan Khan (Khani)    -          R100     - 0844660225

3.0 Jace-R500-0741047545

Mel G

Thats great Jace, Sealine getting airtime, i love it, i'm sure the members are going to make this one great...

Open your hearts, and warm the needy....

jace

Hi guys

forgot to issue a challenge...to all guys who have yet to catch a fish bigger than 5 kgs to better my contibution or equal it.

Jace