Sealiner
while he promptly out fished the guy that showed him the ropes,, (me),,,

i took the captian morgan approach to the situation

Attachments

• IMG_0441.JPG
    IMG_0441.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 441

kobieb

You must be happy.It shows that you are a great teacher if the student beats you.Well done to yuor student.

deisel

Sealiner
well said thank you , but the saying,, he who teaches cant do,, starts ringing in the back of my head

J_Bay

Sealiner
Wich dam was this...looks good, and the rod in the photo's with the barbel looks pretty heavy...where you using your Torium on those cats?

deisel

Sealiner
fist let me clear it up,, i am prettier than this man,, this is a mate of mine, he was using an exage 12ft surf with a bg60 on it, and a picknpay special that he won off me in a friendly comp, just proves that it doesnt matter how expensive your tackle is, if you cant fish you cant fish, lol now i stuck my foot in it,

and its a secret dam that only me can feeesh mwahahahahah

ps : ill never take chris there again

deisel

Sealiner
well you never know when the 40lbs fish comes past lol, his other rod was to small so thats all we had, i normally use a 10ft lb scratching with a sl30 if targeting larger fish if targeting up to 15 kilos i use bass tackle provided i have the space to let him run

bronze back

Hey diesel-Your secret is safe with me mate but is that dam a certain quarry somewhere south ...maybe oom Daan is a clue? Island in the middle ...rocks for bass? The little fibreglass canopies are the give away.

bronze back

Hey diesel-Your secret is safe with me mate but is that dam a certain quarry somewhere south ...maybe oom Daan is a clue? Island in the middle ...rocks for bass? The little fibreglass canopies are the give away.

deisel

Sealiner
oom dan shouldnt be alowing ppl to fish there as it isnt his dam he merly rents a property from the owner a certain mr johan bosch but yes its that dam

bronze back

Hey diesel.....definately the same dam.Only been there once with oom Daan -did mention that he had permission from the owner .He mentioned that it used to be a sand quarry ,looks quite likely.I fished it from a float tube got some decent bass.Also caught some really skinny barbel-nice to see they've grown.Also keen to stock some Floridas which I have access too -think he cwould be keen?

deisel

Sealiner
the dam is owned by the same guy who owns the red ants security company so maybe come with me next time,, the dam has a cement bottom you can still see it on the south bank,, i have never heard of this oom daan chap and the owner may know but if not i dont suggest going there without permission he does not take kindly to trespassers,, the offer is opn you are more than welcome to join me,,the dam has floridas in it but they are not as many as the black, there are also huge grass carp and even a few trout in the dam,, pleas be careful as the owner is an ex reki and goes a bit moggy when strangers fish there