The Mother of all Refurbs - A lengendary 41ft Bill Edwards.

BFC

"Osprey" is coming on nicely now and past the halfway mark.

Attachments

• IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 656

BFC

Many newer boats are going to be green with envy.

Attachments

• IMG_0607.jpg
    IMG_0607.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 655

Patrick

Sealiner
BFC, why dont they turn her into a cat whilst they're at it!? Now that would be a refurb! :SSS:SSS

Sorry I couldnt resist as I know you secretely love cats ::S

BFC

Patrick wrote:
BFC, why dont they turn her into a cat whilst they're at it!? Now that would be a refurb! :SSS:SSS

Sorry I couldnt resist as I know you secretely love cats ::S

Patrick we had a discussion around a cat , we may need one to use as a Tender.:fbash

BFC

benniejordaan wrote:
I think she looks good but I must say, spending that much time and money on an outdated wooden hull seems crazy.

Logically their is no boat that makes sense, some more than other, some less than another but we are not dealing with Logic here.

We are dealing with , Brandy , Testosterone and Diesel and that is what makes boating such a interesting hobby.

A1ex

BFC wrote:
benniejordaan wrote:
I think she looks good but I must say, spending that much time and money on an outdated wooden hull seems crazy.

Logically their is no boat that makes sense, some more than other, some less than another but we are not dealing with Logic here.

We are dealing with , Brandy , Testosterone and Diesel and that is what makes boating such a interesting hobby.

Hahaha spoken from the heart of a true boater.((goodp_

thika

Sealiner
benniejordaan wrote:

Would you drive a new Corvette or a 1956/7 one?

Would you drive a new Mustang or a 1967 one?

Or a new Ford blah blah or a '56 Thunderbird?

It is a heart thing, not a head thing

Not a money thing

It is called intrinsic value

They don't make them no more out of wood at Thessen Island

So you can buy them no more

Like Ace Craft!

You can take the name: ACEcraft seaGlider and market a boat as an Ace Glider, but it will NEVER be an Acecraft

Eish,

Money can't buy class

:::S

thika

Sealiner
Another RL

Lamberts Bay

She is also being refurbished now in Vredenburg

Attachments

• Rowan and Kim 23 Dec 054.jpg
    Rowan and Kim 23 Dec 054.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 464

jpfish

Hi guys have fished on those "old"wooden boats. They are awsome to go to sea on. Those big diesels drumming below deckwith a solid ride on the water is sheer bliss. There was a boat called paarl rock bought by father and son Gracy. The boat was renamed Maude Mary, the cleanest i have had the experience to fish off. The starter was air driven, the crew had to go below and pump pressure with a hand pump. Below the wheel in the cabin there were two pedals that were stood on to start the engins. The engins would start with the revs hunting up and downand then settle down to an idle. They dont make them that way no more.

BFC

jpfish wrote:
Hi guys have fished on those "old"wooden boats. They are awsome to go to sea on. Those big diesels drumming below deckwith a solid ride on the water is sheer bliss. There was a boat called paarl rock bought by father and son Gracy. The boat was renamed Maude Mary, the cleanest i have had the experience to fish off. The starter was air driven, the crew had to go below and pump pressure with a hand pump. Below the wheel in the cabin there were two pedals that were stood on to start the engins. The engins would start with the revs hunting up and downand then settle down to an idle. They dont make them that way no more.

JPfish ,

This project had a lot of WTF's in the beginning from people who did not know the full story or did not know the nature of the objectives of the project, and is a project of a nostaljic nature for the new owners , as they caught their first tuna's from her back in the 70's as crew.

I also had some raised eyebrows and a frown in the beginning but get the plot now and this is going to be a awsome boat once its done.

For those who know the boat in Houtbay , after the tummy tuck /boob job /Botox. This will be one of the Sexy ones in the Marina and can see her attracting some "Land Fish " as well when the South Easter is howling.

thika

Sealiner
Another RL:

"Witch of Endor"

Does anyone know perhaps what happened to this boat?

Attachments

• Tony's Tuna 030.jpg
    Tony's Tuna 030.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 431